• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A 400-pound robot security guard -- likened to famed “Star Wars” droid R2-D2 -- was damaged after a suspected vandal attacked it earlier this month inside a Northern California parking garage, authorities said.

The Knightscope K5 robot took photos of a suspect, a young man in blue jeans and a black t-shirt, before the device was pushed over Aug. 3, Hayward Police said.

The 5-foot-tall robot patrolled the multi-level Watkins Street garage 24 hours a day at a speed of 3 mph, KTVU-TV reported. K5 robots are equipped with four cameras, the ability to call police and are able to track up to 300 license plates in a minute, according to the station.

The extent of the damage and the cost to repair the robot guard was unclear. Knightscope described the attack as "brutal" on its website, but said the robot appeared to suffer no long-term damage and would make a “full and speedy recovery.”

Fuck that cheap punk-ass Knightscope K5, if they went with the ED-209 it would have done more than take his photo.
Lmfao
Post automatically merged:

Bah!! Inferior robot technology. I present to you from all my patients slash victims, the flesh golem!!! Perfect for mall protection. And bringing the good Dr future experiments. His name is Ralph.
Post automatically merged:

Bah!! Inferior robot technology. I present to you from all my patients slash victims, the flesh golem!!! Perfect for mall protection. And bringing the good Dr future experiments. His name is Ralph.

Last edited:
Back