• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Tennessee Democrat newly elected to the House of Representatives has apologized for saying the state is racist and most residents who voted Republican are uneducated.

London Lamar, who ran uncontested in Tennessee's House District 91, made the remarks in a 15-minute video posted to Facebook after last week's midterm election.

'Tennessee's racist. Period. Period. Like, Tennessee is racist,' Lamar, a black woman, said in the since-deleted video.

She added: 'Most of the Tennesseeans who voted Republican are uneducated.'

The video was posted on Wednesday and taken down by Friday, but not before being widely shared and captured in full by local news outlets.

Lamar's comments were not well-received by many constituents in the Democrat-leaning district, which includes Memphis.

The congresswoman-elect offered a partial apology on Monday, saying: 'We want to make sure we don't over-generalize groups of people,' while maintaining that race played a role in elections across the 'polarized state'.

At another point in the video Lamar said: 'White men voted Republican over - well over 60 or 70 percent, so obviously that's a particular base of people who believe in superiority.

'They don’t believe in sharing their wealth. They don’t believe in sharing resources. They believe that you need to work for your own, and they went to the polls and voted.'

Later on she comments: 'I also think we need to stop acting like we’re in post-racial America, people.

'We are not. Tennessee is racist. Like these people–I don’t want to say these white people– in Tennessee, have voted against you. And not just a little bit, but a lot of bit. So I think you all need to realize that, who’s your real enemy here?' Lamar asks.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...calls-Tennessee-racist-voters-uneducated.html

"They believe that you need to work for your own" do any of these idiots think before they open their mouths. If you keep telling people they are racist, guess what you might make them actually become racist. Just because someone does not vote for you does not make them racist.

So Tennessee is or is not racist?
I am confuzzled.

For now I will go with is not.
Just don't ask me about Kentucky

My GAWD! The utter nerve of expecting people to actually provide for themselves. Why, the next thing you know they'll expect toilet training or something... :shifty:
Toilet training?
Depends!
Yeah, I went there.:smuggrin:
Post automatically merged:

Back