• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1569249413575.png
1569249420875.png

Actor Sid Haig, known for roles in films like “House of 1000 Corpses,” “Diamonds Are Forever” and “Jackie Brown” has died at 80.

Haig’s wife, Susan L. Oberg, broke the news on Instagram with a lengthy caption over an image that appears to show her holding his hand in bed.

“On Saturday, September 21, 2019, my light, my heart, my true love, my King, the other half of my soul, Sidney, passed from this realm on to the next,” the caption reads. “He has returned to the Universe, a shining star in her heavens. He was my angel, my husband, my best friend and always will be. He adored his family, his friends and his fans. This came as a shock to all of us. We, as a family, are asking that our privacy and time to mourn be respected.”

She concluded: “Husband, Father, Grandfather, Friend. Goodnight, my love. We will find each other again, next time. I love you.”

A rep for Haig did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment.

Born Sidney Eddy Mosesian, the Fresno, Calif. native got his start as a drummer. According to his website, he recorded the No. 4 hit single “Full House” with the T-Birds in 1958. However, he was bitten by the acting bug at a young age and pursued both professions in his youth. According to The Wrap, he appeared in Jack Hill’s UCLA student film “The Host,” and went on to work with the director on many of his blaxploitation films in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He would later have roles in major films such as George Lucas' "THX 1138."

Oh no, he's been a staple of "B" and "A" horror (and many other genres) films since the late 50's/early 60's - a truly talented actor and wonderfully giving man IRL.
RIP Sid Haig, you will be missed - and may you be loved for many generations to come!

Back