• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to Sugar Cookie.

[....]
As many as 62 dehydrated and malnourished dogs were wrenched from a slaughterhouse to freedom by Chinese activists in the city that is almost 800 kilometres from the capital, Beijing.

On Friday an activist was hospitalised after she was hit over the head when she tried to release dogs from a warehouse in the city.

At the beginning of the 10-day festival, which started on Friday last week, Humane Society International handed a 1.5million signature petition to the Chinese embassy calling for it to be stopped.

They were joined by two dogs rescued from slaughterhouses in the city over the past three years.

Many of the animals killed for the event tend to be pets, which is apparent because they're still wearing collars, although most assume they are still only backstreet animals.

Photos and video at the link.

I'm pretty sure it's because they know that's where they would get their asses handed to them. Besides, we're less savage in slaughtering and butchering here in the West. :penguin:

If dogs are an acceptable protein in China why is that different than cattle being an acceptable protein in the Western Hemisphere? PETA really should have sit ins at chili fest, bbq feast etc....
Or rabbits, or chickens or fluffy baby sheep...

Meat is meat and what seems gross or inhumane to one might be normal to another. We dont get to judge which animal meat is acceptable because we might or might not happen to have the animals as pets or think they look to cute to eat. Plenty of people keep cows as pets..and still eat them.

I've posted before how meat is slaughtered in western countries, and its not humane at all. Far far far from it. In fact the animals aren't even killed, they are stunned by being hit with a giant metal bolt to the head, hopefully, knocking them into unconsciousness before their throats are slit and they are left to bleed out. That chicken you ate? She was electrified to death. Male chicks are considered useless and drown as babies.

Anyone who eats meat and complains about this is a hypocrite.

Or rabbits, or chickens or fluffy baby sheep...

Meat is meat and what seems gross or inhumane to one might be normal to another. We dont get to judge which animal meat is acceptable because we might or might not happen to have the animals as pets or think they look to cute to eat. Plenty of people keep cows as pets..and still eat them.

I've posted before how meat is slaughtered in western countries, and its not humane at all. Far far far from it. In fact the animals aren't even killed, they are stunned by being hit with a giant metal bolt to the head, hopefully, knocking them into unconsciousness before their throats are slit and they are left to bleed out. That chicken you ate? She was electrified to death. Male chicks are considered useless and drown as babies.

Anyone who eats meat and complains about this is a hypocrite.
I agree. I eat meat and I realize other
Cultures have different acceptable proteins.

I love my dogs, but I really don’t understand the outrage from meat eaters over this situation.
Do they think the animals their meat comes from aren’t treated like shit and tortured for amusement by rednecks before being slaughtered and sent to the grocery store? It’s as ridiculous as the uproar over Aldi selling horse meat.
Meat is meat and it All comes from unwilling animals.

I've eaten all sorts of meats overseas that wouldn't be acceptable in America so I don't have a problem with it per se. What I do have a major problem with is the evidence that at least some of these animals were pets, presumably stolen. Farm canines for food, fine. BBQ Fido with a collar on, big fat nope.

Back