• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Carri Williams should do the world a favor and kill herself.

What kind of fucking animal does this to a child, a very beautiful one at that, and then try to save their ass by saying the kid killed herself? This girl was old enough to know that cutting or pills would be more effective than throwing a tantrum like that.

Even IF it was true she killed herself by throwing herself around, the mother-creature would still be guilty for standing there and watching instead of intervening or calling for help.

Ya know, if everything else is true, the punishments and whippings and such after so long of being treated that way how many teens would resort to suicide? Lots! But I agree with you, the parents are still at fault for cause and not intervening.

The part that gets me is the Christmas shtick keeping her outside, only letting her in when visitors came over. That is not just wanton cruelty of an ignorant mind, but a calculated nasty thing against the very psychology of the child.

Standing out in the cold, hearing Xmas music piping around, wondering what it would be like to be loved in the season of such watching others wallow in its rewards? Yuck.

And that kid was loyal to the end, obviously with the visitors helped her oppressors keep up the show. AAAARRRRGH! Such treatment of a loyal good kid the label 'Evil' isn't good enough, it needs a word that does not even exist.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud.
Who adopts kids just to abuse them?
Who the fuck writes a book like that, and who uses it as a guideline?

This whole story is just... what the fuck?

I find it hard to believe she intentionally or accidentally killed herself. Starvation, hypothermia are not ways people typically try to kill themselves. If she refused to come inside, it would have been because she didn't want to be locked in a closet, and I sincerely doubt that it was the case. And, "throwing herself around" could have been a symptom of the hypothermia, usually described as stumbling around. Hypothermic people wander in circles, stumble, fall, thrash.
muscle coordination becomes very poor, walking becomes almost impossible, and the victim exhibits incoherent/irrational behavior including terminal burrowing or even a stupor. . . . This typically occurs during moderate to severe hypothermia, as the person becomes disoriented, confused, and combative. They may begin discarding their clothing, which, in turn, increases the rate of heat loss
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

I got through most of that long document last night and Jesus Christ. Not many people can say they have ever heard of someone coming here, the land of free flowing heart clogging fatty fat fat, lost weight after coming from Africa. I cannot imagine what she must have thought about herself and the people who "saved" her. I am sure they drilled into her that she was bad and going to hell with all that pseudo-religious bullshit! Her last years were miserable, painful, and lonely. I hope she haunts the fuckers.

There is no way that little girl killed herself.

These two so-called "parents" should be tortured until they are dead, then rescusitated and killed again. God, I hate people sometimes.

In their self-published book, To Train Up a Child, Pearl, 66, and his wife Debi, 60, recommend the systematic use of "the rod" to teach young children to submit to authority. They offer instructions on how to use a switch for hitting children as young as six months, and describe how to use other implements, including a quarter-inch flexible plumbing line. Older children, the Pearls say, should be hit with a belt, wooden spoon or willow switch, hard enough to sting. Michael Pearl has said the methods are based on "the same principles the Amish use to train their stubborn mules."

There are 670,000 copies of the book in circulation, and it's especially popular among Christian home-schoolers such as Larry and Carri Williams of Sedro-Woolley, Wash. In September, local prosecutors charged them with homicide by abuse after their adopted daughter Hana, 11, was found naked and emaciated in the backyard, having died of hypothermia and malnutrition. She had been deprived of food for days at a time, and made to sleep in an unheated barn.

Hana, originally from Ethiopia, also had been beaten with a plastic tube, as recommended by Michael Pearl. Carri Williams had praised the book--which advises that "a little fasting is good training"--and had given a copy to a friend, local authorities say.

The Pearls aren't being charged. But Dr. Frances Chalmers, a state pediatrician who examined Hana's death, suggested to the Times that their teachings may have played a role in Hana's death. "My fear is that this book, while perhaps well intended, could easily be misinterpreted and could lead to what I consider significant abuse," she said.

That may also have happened in the case of Lydia Schatz, who was adopted from Liberia at the age of 4 by Kevin and Elizabeth Schatz of Paradise, Calif. She died last year, age 7, after her parents had whipped her for hours, with pauses for prayer. The Schatzes are both serving long prison terms, after Kevin Schatz pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and torture, and Elizabeth Schatz pleaded to voluntary manslaughter and unlawful corporal punishment. Like the Williamses, the Schatzes owned a copy of To Train Up a Child, and the local district attorney criticized it as a dangerous influence.

There was also Sean Paddock, of Johnson County, N.C., who died from suffocation in 2006, age 4, after he'd been wrapped tightly in a blanket. His mother Lynn Paddock, who said she had come across the Pearls' website, was charged with first-degree murder. Sean's siblings testified that they were beaten each day with a plumbing tube that the Pearls recommend.

The Pearls, along with many conservative Christians, say the Bible calls for corporal punishment. "To give up the use of the rod is to give up our views of human nature, God, eternity," they write in the book.

And Michael Pearl rejects the notion that his teachings bear any responsibility for the childrens' deaths. "If you find a 12-step book in an alcoholic's house, you wouldn't blame the book," he told the Times.

But other Christians appear to disagree. Crystal Lutton, who runs a Christian blog that opposes corporal punishment, told the Times that the Pearl's methods carry a big risk. "If you don't get results, the only thing to do is to punish harder and harder," she said.

Some Christian groups are working to pressure booksellers such as Amazon not to carry the Pearls' book.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...dvice-scrutinized-child-deaths-160004793.html

And Michael Pearl rejects the notion that his teachings bear any responsibility for the childrens' deaths. "If you find a 12-step book in an alcoholic's house, you wouldn't blame the book," he told the Times.

A 12 step book does not teach an alcoholic to drink heavier, it gives them steps to keep away from alcohol. No I would not blame a 12 step book.
Pearl's book doesn't teach parents how to discipline their children, it teaches parents how to abuse their children to the point of killing them. Yes, I am blaming Pearl's book. It teaches people how to harm children and ultimately kill them. Pearl, you are going to hell. No doubt about that.
How in the fuck do these two 'books' compare?

What really disturbs me is that a lot of homeschoolers use that book, which means that not many people see these children, and the marks/bruises they bear.

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - A mother accused of abusing and starving her 13-year-old daughter to death is back in jail after she violated a no-contact order with one of her other children, the Skagit County Prosecutor's Office said.

Carri Williams of Sedro Woolley was arrested Thursday after allegedly violating a court order prohibiting her from contacting her son. She is now being held on $300,000 bail.

. . .

Carri and Larry Williams were later released from jail after posting bail, and they were under strict orders not to contact their other children. But Larry was re-arrested in January after violating the no-contact order, and Carri was re-arrested late Thursday.

The couple is charged with homicide by abuse in Hana's death. They also were charged with first-degree child assault for the alleged abuse of their younger adopted son. It was this son that Carri Williams was trying to contact, the prosecutor said.

. . .

The Williams' other children told investigators that Hana sometimes was beaten with a switch for standing more than 12 inches away from where she was told to stand or for speaking without permission.

But in the 911 call she made after her daughter's death, Carri Williams claimed it was the girl's own rebellious and self-destructive attitude that led to her death.

"Yes, I think my daughter killed herself," Carri Williams told the 911 operator.

When asked why she thought that was the case, Williams answered, "She's really rebellious and she's been outside, refusing to come in. And she's been throwing herself all around, and then she collapsed."
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...rs-abuse-death-is-back-in-jail-148326395.html

Do you suppose they were just trying to reassure their adopted son that they loved him and would get him back as soon as possible?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...rs-abuse-death-is-back-in-jail-148326395.html

Do you suppose they were just trying to reassure their adopted son that they loved him and would get him back as soon as possible?

No that would scare the poor kid having to even think about going back to that house with those assholes. Sure she was probably trying to gain his favor since you know he may be one of the best witnesses to testify against her in court but I would think she would avoid threatening him with things like you can come home with us.

Some more info on the father's re-introduction to jail.

Murder suspect back in jail

The foster parents reported to the Department of Social and Health Services on Tuesday that relatives visited on numerous occasions during the holiday season to bring books and gifts for the Williamses' children, according to court records.

Items delivered by Larry Williams' mother include a Kindle ebook containing a King James Bible as a gift for one of his daughters, an iPod for one of his sons, a devotional book with hand-written dates next to passages and letters addressed to the children, the affidavit says.

Defense attorneys said the children were never meant to know the items were from Larry Williams. They blamed Larry Williams' mother for overstepping her boundaries. (Sure! It was all her idea! Except that as you will soon read, Larry wrote them a bible verse where he replaces apostle Paul with himself. But I'm sure the kids were never meant to know that the Larry referred to there and in his own hand-writing was not the Larry that is their father.)
[...]

The most direct attempt to contact the children seemed to be a group of personalized letters from Larry Williams containing Bible verses from the book of 2 Timothy, amended so that Larry Williams put himself in the place of the apostle Paul and substituted his children's names in the place of Timothy, to whom the scriptures were addressed.

The book of 2 Timothy is believed to have been written by the apostle Paul, who died as a martyr in the first century C.E. -- which led prosecutors to argue Larry Williams was framing himself as a martyr to his children.

These people disgust me to say the least.

pcyRiXR.jpg
OZWC7vx.jpg
A Skagit County jury found Larry and Carri Williams guilty of manslaughter in the first degree and assault of a child in the first degree. The jury also found Carri Williams guilty of the most severe charge Homicide by Abuse.

The jury couldn't reach a decision on the homicide by abuse for Larry Williams. The judge declared a mistrial on that count.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Jury-deliberating-in-Sedro-Woolley-child-death-222991771.html

The Williams' trial has been the longest criminal trial in Skagit County history.

Experts testified Hana and Immanuel, who were adopted from Ethiopia, were beaten and isolated through home-schooling and limited group trips to church.

Immanuel and several of the Williams' other seven children said the Ethiopian pair were fed frozen food and slept in closets. Hana showered outside and had her head shaved. She was punished for not washing the shampoo out of her hair, for cutting the grass incorrectly and for getting her homework wrong.

Hana died outside the home on a cold, rainy night in shorts and a T-shirt. Carri admitted that she sent her three sons outside to hit the girl for refusing to come in.

Larry's attorney said Carri, a stay-at-home mom, punished the kids while he was at work. They claim an eating disorder may have caused Hana to waste away to 78 pounds.

Prosecutors say the couple controlled their gated Sedro-Woolley home equally.
[...]

After the trial many people of Ethiopian decent came to the courthouse to publicly express their appreciation that “justice had been served.” Then, many of them went to Hana’s grave for a brief prayer vigil.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/jurors-return-in-skagit-abuse-case/nZnhX/

The girl died of hypothermia and malnutrition. Prosecutors say she was starved, beaten and forced outside as punishment.

Prosecuting Attorney Rich Weyrich spoke about the horrors that Hana Williams lived with after arriving in America from Ethiopia.

"She came to America, you know the American dream and all those sort of things, and you know it was more like 'Nightmare on Elm Street,'" he said.

Carri Williams denied any wrongdoing in the death and told a 911 operator she thought Hana killed herself.

"She's been throwing herself all around and then she collapsed," she said.

Carri Williams was defiant and emotional when she took the stand late last month. She admitted to the jury that Hana had lost weight prior to her death and said she believes the girl "unintentionally killed herself."

"I never treated my daughter like a dog," Carri Williams said.

Both Larry and Carri Williams could face life in prison when they're sentenced.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-adopted-daughter-found-guilty-223052341.html

wxREs8x.jpg

"I never treated my daughter like a dog"

You know what bitch, you're right, the family dog probably lived BETTER than she did. Lock this ho and her Fucking wanna be husband up for eternity...

Why is it that some cases take years to end and others weeks? Seriously, I don't understand our justice system AT ALL.

Also, RIP Poor baby girl. I wish you were adopted by decent people, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Sure, head shaving, closet sleeping, starving, throwing herself around, etc. were all things she wanted to do to herself. That picture of her shows a lovely young girl. Probably taken before the Williams got to her and twisted her up into knots.

I'm just sorry that the maximum she faces is 37 years and daddy dearest only faces 19!! They took so much from all of their children, it will take years to get them to some semblance of "normal". RIP Hana

Ethiopians are very beautiful people, Hanna was striking! She was so very pretty.

My hope is that their biological children have hearts and do not repeat the abuse cycle and that Hanna's little brother is given a chance in this world. This is so tragic.

that precious lovely girl. so sorry sweetheart. what creeps me out is that the couple looks kind of normal. especially the mother. they don't look like the evil bastards they are.

A Skagit husband says his wife is the only one should spend decades in jail for the death of their adopted daughter. Larry and Carri Williams will be sentenced next week for killing the girl and abusing their adopted son. But Larry's attorney filed a bold motion Friday to get him out of jail quickly.
[...]

This summer, a jury convicted the couple of killing the girl and abusing her adopted brother, Immanuel. Carri was also convicted of homicide by abuse. The jury deadlocked on the same charge against Larry. "She was the primary actor in all of the treatment of Hana and Immanuel," said Larry's attorney, Rachel Forde.

Larry faces 14 to 19 years in prison. He's already spent nearly two years in jail for violating his parole by trying to contact his children before the trial. Forde is asking a judge for a short five-year sentence, arguing Larry was away working at Boeing while Carri, a stay-at-home mom, beat the adopted pair and fed them frozen food. With time served, Larry would be free in three years.

A KIRO-TV reporter asked, "Would you expect people to be mad about a recommendation like that?" "Whether or not they're mad, I think that's what's in the interest of justice as far as Mr. Williams' culpability goes," said Forde.

Carri testified Larry knew everything that was happening in the home. She's being held in the Skagit County jail and faces 27 to 37 years in prison. Staff members are keeping her in a small unit away from the general population out of fear the nature of her crimes could spark an attack by other inmates. "We just felt it in our and her best interests to house her in as low-risk a setting as we could find," said Chief of Corrections Charlie Wend.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/husband-says-carri-williams-should-spend-decades-j/nbY4d/

I find it hard to believe she intentionally or accidentally killed herself. Starvation, hypothermia are not ways people typically try to kill themselves. If she refused to come inside, it would have been because she didn't want to be locked in a closet, and I sincerely doubt that it was the case. And, "throwing herself around" could have been a symptom of the hypothermia, usually described as stumbling around. Hypothermic people wander in circles, stumble, fall, thrash. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
While I whole heartedly agree that Hanna did NOT suicide, I had to quote this because when I was 13 and 14 my mother tried to commit suicide by starvation. She chose that method so that she would have time to say good-bye.

So many child abuse cases have been tied to the "Parenting" (read: how to abuse your kid in 4 easy steps!) book "To Train Up A Child" that I honestly think that if this book is found in any home that family should be looked at hard by CPS

How are these DUMB FUCKING BOOK PUBLISHED?
and how fucking stupid are you to listen to a book on how to discipline a child? SPECIALLY when torture is involved? heartless peaces of shits!

What a horrible life this poor child had...Why go through the process of adopting if you aren't going to cherish, protect, and love them
clear.png
I want to meet this sick bitch and beat her to death!! There is a special place in hell for pigs like this!

Amazon needs shut down!!! They had a book for sale a while back that taught you how to groom children for sexual assault..what a sad world we live in!!!

I really hope the piece of crap convicted sticks to her telling that he knew all about it. It would be a real shame if he walked in 3 years, young enough to fuck up some other little kids life.

Back