• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
RDta0XQ.jpg

Over 1,000 Reviews for "To Train Up A Child": http://www.amazon.com/Train-Up-Chil...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

The parents of 13-year-old Hanna Williams are in custody Thursday evening accused of starving their daughter and keeping her locked outside.

Hanna Williams was found dead in her backyard on May 12, naked and wrapped in a sheet. She had been living with her adoptive parents since coming to America from Ethiopia in 2008. After months of investigation, her adopted parents are now charged in connection with her death.

Skagit County Prosecutor Richard Weyrich says this ranks right up there for one of the worst cases he's ever prosecuted. Larry and Carri Williams are inside the Skagit County jail Thursday, charged with homicide by abuse.

In the charging documents, Carri Williams talked about how much she disliked her two adopted Ethiopian children. A 10-year-old boy and Hanna.
[...]

According to charging documents her adopted parents, Carri and Larry Williams starved her for days, put her in a locked closet, shower room and forced her to sleep outside in the barn in the cold. She wasn't allowed to use the bathroom in the house, instead a porta-potty behind the barn. In addition, Hanna was struck daily with a plumbing tool, a tube with a round ball on the end.

"The constant striking and not speaking to her would have different effects on a person," said Weyrich.

Specifically, last Christmas when Hanna was forced to watch the family celebrate Christmas from outside and only let in when her parents had guests.
[...]

In the documents, a book entitled "To Train Up A Child," was referenced. Weyrich says it includes punishment techniques the Williams' mimicked. There have been other child abuse cases linked to the book across the country.
http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=130822743&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

Early May 12, Carri Williams called 911 and reported Hana was not breathing, saying the girl had refused to come into the house. She was found face down in the backyard with mud in her mouth. An autopsy found she died of hypothermia, but malnutrition and a stomach infection were contributing factors.

In July, the Williams' remaining seven children were placed into foster homes.
http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Sedro-Woolley-couple-charged-with-child-death-2196403.php

Hana lost nearly 30 pounds in the last two years of her life, and her thinness meant her body wasn't able to retain enough heat that night in May, according to an autopsy report. Hana died May 12 when the temperature dipped to 42 degrees.

A report on her death concluded she'd died from "a culmination of chronic starvation caused by a parent's intentional food restriction, severe neglect, physical and emotional abuse and stunning endangerment."
[...]

Prosecutors on Thursday also charged the adoptive parents with assault of a child in the first degree in connection with their treatment of the 10-year-old boy. The boy is deaf, according to court documents.

Both children were treated differently from the couple's six biological children, who ranged in age from 7 to 17, documents allege.

For instance, both were disciplined for being "rebellious," one family member told investigators. The punishment included eating outside, away from the family, and having cold leftovers topped with frozen vegetables.

Another person told investigators that Carri Williams locked up the food and served only small portions, at times withholding food from her adopted children.

The children were all home-schooled in a gated community on about 5.6 acres, court papers say.

"The house is exceptionally clean and organized and did not have the appearance that eight children lived in this house," Detective Theresa Luvera wrote in the affidavit.

One person told investigators the couple had a book called, "To Train Up A Child," which teaches parents to switch their children with a plastic tube, starting at the age of 1. It also advocates putting children in cold-water baths for toilet training or putting them outside in cold weather, having them miss meals and sleep on the floor as punishment, the affidavit says.

The book, written by Michael and Debbie Pearl, is offered on Amazon.com for $7.95 but receives many negative reviews, such as, "I can't believe Amazon.com is allowing this book to be sold on their website. It encourages child abuse! This book teaches parents to treat their children worse than dogs!"

When Hana was locked in the closet, one person told authorities, the parents played the Bible on tape and Christian music.

The Williamses told detectives that Hana had become increasingly rebellious and on the night of her death refused to come inside the house. She began throwing herself on the ground and pretending she couldn't walk, they said.

The mother told authorities she found her daughter face down with mud in her mouth, not breathing.

Other sources told investigators that Carri Williams complained about her adopted daughter and seemed happier after she died.
[...]

If convicted, the Williamses face potential life sentences, court papers say.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016361753_hana30m.html

Statement of Probable Cause: http://www.scribd.com/doc/66907264/Probable-Cause

86YFb0O.jpg

Hana Grace-Rose Williams, age 13, passed away unexpectedly at her home in Sedro-Woolley on Thursday, May 12, 2011.

Hana was born on July 19, 1997 in Ethiopia and came to join the Larry & Carri Williams family on August 16, 2008 at the age of 11.

Hana was a very pleasant young girl with a great personality and a beautiful smile.

She enjoyed knitting and crocheting, reading, drawing and various crafts, playing soccer and riding her bicycle.

Hana is survived by her parents, Larry & Carri Williams and her siblings, Joshua, Jacob, Joseph, Cara, Sarah, Jonathan, Immanuel and Rachel at the family home in Sedro-Woolley. Her grandparents, George & Charlotte Miller of Nooksack and Pat & Dorothy Parson of Sagle, Idaho and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
http://www.komonews.com/obits/121864644.html

Last edited:
The Williamses told detectives that Hana had become increasingly rebellious and on the night of her death refused to come inside the house. She began throwing herself on the ground and pretending she couldn't walk, they said.

So, is this some sort of incredibly ignorant excuse made by mental midgets hoping that the people they talk to are even more stupid than themselves? Or do they honestly believe this shit?

She wasn't being rebellious... she was DYING; falling down and not being able to walk are sometimes syptoms of that.

I remember seeing a story about this case. Such mistreatment! I can't believe that book advocates beating your child as early as 1. The authors were interviewed and said that the Bible mandated this kind of treatment. To not beat your child means you don't care enough about them to beat them. (How does that make sense?) Your child is conditioned to fear you, not to respect you.

Here's another case where an adopted child died after the mother used this book.

sean_pdk.jpg
A few years ago, Lynn Paddock sought Christian advice on how to discipline her growing brood of adopted children. Paddock -- a Johnston County mother accused of murdering Sean, her 4-year-old adopted son, and beating two other adopted children -- surfed the Internet, said her attorney, Michael Reece. She found literature by an evangelical minister and his wife who recommended using plumbing supply lines to spank misbehaving children.
Paddock ordered Michael and Debi Pearl's books and started spanking her adopted children as suggested. After Sean, the youngest of Paddock's six adopted children, died last month, his older sister and brother told investigators about Paddock's spankings.
Sean's 9-year-old brother was beaten so badly he limped, a prosecutor said. Bruises marred Sean's backside, too, doctors found.
Sean died after being wrapped so tightly in blankets he suffocated. That, too, was a form of punishment, Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell said.

[/QUOTE]

more at link-http://www.nospank.net/n-p86r.htm

Last edited:
Poor kid..

These authors are touted to be religious.. but being curious I hit up bn.com to take a look. The above book is available stupid cheap for nook... but I also looked at other books they have published, together or seperately.. and it gives me a serious sense of what it would be like if the Addams family and the Duggars were combined...

OMG, another one.

That poor beautiful little girl. It's awful to have to say it, but she'd probably have fared better if she'd stayed in Ethiopia. If they didn't like the adopted kids, why not just give them up? Why kill them, ffs?

what kind of twisted fucked up mind would even buy into that shit? you beat an infant? a one-year old? i can't believe for one second with as many children that they had, they couldn't figure out a 'way' to 'raise' the adopted ones. bullshit. these people were rotten from the get go. it only took these children for them to show their true colors.

had to edit..Larry and Carri? really?

Last edited:
OMG, another one.

That poor beautiful little girl. It's awful to have to say it, but she'd probably have fared better if she'd stayed in Ethiopia. If they didn't like the adopted kids, why not just give them up? Why kill them, ffs?

I was thinking the same thing! I mean, aren't Ethiopian's the poster-children for the starving children of Africa?! The fact that she lost 30 lbs since being adopted speaks volumes- it would take more than a few missed meals for a child to lose such a significant amount of weight.

Also, did anyone else notice that both cases linked to that book involved ADOPTED children?

*Holy crap! I just read the Probable Cause Statement linked above- that was a house of Horrors! What those 'parents' did to those poor adopted children is unconscionable! I can't imagine how hopeless & worthless those kids must have felt. Poor little girl was treated like a leper- it breaks my heart!

Last edited:
You guys have all said what I am feeling. So sad for this little girl thinking she was getting a better life. She was beautiful

Hanna Williams adopted from Ethiopia, only to starve in United States instead

Maybe I was employing a little hyperbole when I titled this about her starving. Well, she didn't starve to death thanks to her adopted parents 'care,' she just suffered from intense malnutrition, a stomach infection, and finally died of hypothermia naked in the backyard dressed in nothing more than a bedsheet.

This quote sums up the wonderful life poor sweet Hanna encountered upon her arrival in our Promised Land:

last Christmas when Hanna was forced to watch the family celebrate Christmas from outside and only let in when her parents had guests.

'Nuff said. But if you want to cry a little, the link is here:
http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Ska...rged-in-death-of-adopted-child-130822743.html

Enjoy, if that's what you can call reading the story.

According to documents, both parents and their children called Hana "rebellious." Carri Williams reportedly told a friend she thought she was adopting a little girl, not a "half-grown woman."
[...]

The Williams' other adopted child, a 10-year-old boy who also was adopted at the same time as Hana, is deaf - and also reportedly showed signs of abuse.

Prosecutors say the first-degree assault accusation against the Williams stems from allegations relating to the boy, who was also from Ethiopia but no relation to Hana.

According to court papers, the Williams also withheld food from the boy at times and switched him regularly - sometimes for not listening to them - even though he was deaf.
[...]
http://www.kval.com/news/local/130871178.html

Carri and Larry Williams were each charged with killiing their daughter, and an additional assault charge for allegedly abusing a little boy they had adopted from Ethiopia. The couple's six biological children have been placed in protective custody. Prosecutors said they did not recieve the same kind of treatment as the two adopted children.

Because it was an adoption though an international agency, DSHS had no involvement in the case whatsoever. Officials said there were no reports of abuse or other red flags involving the parents prior to Hana's death.
http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=130887208&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

Charging documents in the murder case against her adoptive parents show Hana was the victim of on-going abuse and neglect, a corporal punishment style of parenting straight out of a book sold on Amazon.com. The book is titled “To Train Up A Child.”

A family friend told detectives that Hana's mother, Carri Williams, gave her the book during a visit to the family’s home. It’s written by Michael Pearl, an Amish fundamentalist preacher in Tennessee, who encourages parents to go to extreme measures to discipline their children.

In the book, Pearl explains how to use a plumbing tool to switch children starting at age one. Pearl advocates giving cold water baths when potty training, putting children outside in cold weather and having them miss meals, all examples of abuse investigators said Hana endured.

“It teaches children through fear and so it perpetuates criminal punishment of children. That’s not something we advocate,” said Chris Jamieson with the Washington Commission on Children and Families.

“To Train Up a Child” is linked to the deaths of at least two other adoptive children, four-year-old Sean Paddock of North Carolina, and seven year-old Lydia Schatz of California. In both these cases, police said these punishment techniques were used.
http://www.myfoxspokane.com/news/kc...reme-discipline-book-20110930,0,2008447.story

Lydia Schatz case on D'D: http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/...atz-killed-one-child-severely-injured-another

Hana Grace-Rose Williams, age 13, passed away unexpectedly at her home in Sedro-Woolley on Thursday, May 12, 2011.

"Unexpectedly" my ASS. They obviously wanted that poor girl to die.

There are so many point in this story that I wanted to discus but instead I find myself itching to call my Grandparents and thanking them for adopting my Dad and being fabulous parents...This may sound dumb but whenever I read about these stories of ADOPTED children being abuse, often until they die I have one major question that I can't shake, WHY did they adopt? I mean unlike having biological children the act of adopting is time consuming, expensive and often exhausting. They clearly have a lack of maternal/paternal love, these people usually claim the child(ren) were out of control and my favorite the parents were at wits end. Why not call CPS/the adoption agency or just anyone if it was clear you couldn't handle it? I personally believe many of the abused/abused to death but the biological children were healthy, normal and cared for "families" adopt these kids and "punish" the children instead of understanding that very few adopted post newborn have exposed to some pretty heavy situations and the kids need extra love and understanding.

I just can't get into words what I am thinking. Perhaps it's due to the fact a HUGE portion of my family is a result of adoption or maybe it's because I would love any child I was given (biological or not) but between red tape and the cost of adoption(mixed with knowing that within the first year without much warning you could have that child returned to the biological parents) it seems like a far off dream and here these monsters had been blessed with so many children and two adopted kids in addition and they couldn't care less?

I'm still trying to figure out why they wanted these children in the first place. I'm completely out of touch with the process, but I can imagine there's lots of red tape hoop-n'-ladders to go through with an international adoption (unless you're Madonna and you just do mail-order).

So I'm guessing the losers really worked to get not one, but two Ethiopian kids? Just to do this to them? Bizarre. I wonder how long they had the poor girl.

Cuz everyone's about the check, but no one's about the issues. Have the adoptive agencies/foster care/ host family orgs learned nothing?

I think within fundamentalist Christian communities, large families are desirable to grow the community. It's a lot easier to "grow your own" believers than to convince outsiders to join, and someone raised in those beliefs might be less likely to abandon them. Plus I think there's some stuff in the Bible praising large families (not sure, haven't read much of it).
And I think some families in these communities like to make themselves look more virtuous by adopting needy children. Of course some are motivated by a genuine desire to help and do good, but others are more concerned about their status and the way the look to the community.

The story mentioned earlier about Lynn Paddock abusing her adoptive son to death just tears me up as much as Hanna's story. That little boy was killed by his adopted mother in a house down a dirt path, maybe a quarter of a mile off the main road. The old house was a farm house where friends of my family lived and raised their kids before the kids grew up and the older ones died. The house was then put up for rent and the Paddocks rented it. The house looked terrible, both shapewise and cleaning-wise. It was nasty. My dad lives on a rural road, and he lives about a mile down the road from where this happened.

Lynn Paddock did that same thing that they tell parents to do in those books. She was following them to the letter. Only thing is, she wrapped him too tightly and he couldn't get out, and eventually, he couldn't breath and was suffocated. She left him lay for a while before I think one of the other kids finally got up the nerve to call an ambulance.

We didn't know the Paddocks but the family friends who owned the house were just devastated that they had rented to people who would do something like that to a kid. They couldn't have known. Since then, when they've rented property, they have investigated the people thoroughly. It won't bring the little one back, but they feel better now. I believe the house the Paddocks lived in was torn down. No one would live in it.

Another story that has personal connections for me is the Teghan Alyssa Skiba story. He abused and killed her in his grandparents barn out behind their house. They let him live in the barn b/c they would not allow him in their house b/c of his past. The grandparents are friends of my dad, they all grew up together. I get the creeps when I ride my bike by the property. I can slightly seen the barn back among a lot of trees and foliage. The grandparents never knew he a baby there with him, and they hadn't know the girl's mother was there before she went away for training b/c she was Army Reserve. It was horrible what he did to that little girl. People rallied around the grandparents b/c they couldn't have done anything, and yet they were heartbroken that Teghan had died out there and they didn't know it. It was their grandson's fault but they feel so much guilt that it happened on their property and they weren't aware of it. They're extremely elderly so they would not be going back that far in the yard just to check on a grandson who put on his "perfect prince, loving grandson" suit when they saw him. They will never allow anyone to live on their property again. He never intended to "watch out for them." He was there to hide what he was doing and to mooch a free place to stay. That baby deserved better than a mattress in the middle of the dirt floor of that barn, where it was HOT as hell that summer, and no air conditioning. They had to go to the bathroom in buckets and then she had to empty them and clean them out before bringing them back in. It was HORRIBLE.

Fucking disgusting. People who use a book like this (an obvious pieceoftrash), use it only as a means to excuse their abusive nature. What I have never understood is why people like this with plenty of children want to adopt only to abuse. That's what they did exactly and probably for "show" as to be seen as some upstanding Christian. These people are truly vile.
The horrors they inflicted on that child should be in a book. A book of nightmares.

I hope they crucify these people with the law, throw the damn book at them, tell them to use it to wipe their asses their remaining days. Better than they did for Hana.

Rest in peace lovely child. Hana Grace-Rose Williams.

I just read the probable cause.

Jesus.

"Horrific" doesn't begin to describe it.

--Al

I have read other stories and they are readily available by googling that part of the Ethiopian culture is to take in orphan children and use them as slaves, working them many hours per day, dont know for sure thats what happened here but its not unusual, Britain has had a few cases...

jhA67Y2.jpg
The parents of an adopted girl who died of exposure in her own backyard after she had been starved and abused for months pleaded not guilty to the charges Thursday.

Larry P. Williams and Carri D. Williams of Sedro Woolley were arrested last week and later charged with homicide by abuse and assault of a child in the first degree in Skagit County Superior Court.

Each was ordered held Thursday on $150,000 bail.
[...]

Further investigation revealed that Hana had a number of injuries on the night she died, including a large lump on the head, bloody marks and injuries "consistent with disciplinary impacts with a switch," according to court documents released Friday.
[...]

The Williams told investigators that they made Hana use the outdoor toilet because she had hepatitis and they didn't want any of their other children to become infected with the disease.

Other punishments included locking Hana inside a dark closet for hours or days without food while the parents played the Bible on tape and Christian music for her while she was locked inside, according to court documents.

Hana also was forced to sleep in the barn on some nights or kept outside for hours in the cold without adequate clothing or shoes, court documents say - but she was allowed to wear shoes if there was snow on the ground.

The Williams also confirmed that they used a flexible plumbing tool as a switch to punish Hana and some of the other children in their household.

The children told investigators that Hana sometimes was beaten with a switch for standing more than 12 inches away from where she was told to stand or for speaking without permission.

The Williams' older biological children were sometimes encouraged to join in administering the punishment by their parents.
[...]

After Hana's death, CPS convinced a judge to pull Hana's eight brothers and sister - ages seven to 17 - from their Sedro-Woolley home. Those children are all now in temporary foster care. The parents have requested a hearing to fight to get their children back.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/131234864.html

The children told investigators that Hana sometimes was beaten with a switch for standing more than 12 inches away from where she was told to stand or for speaking without permission.

The more and more I read about Hana's horrible existence the more I want to maim these two evil fucks. Soon enough they will know what it's like to be told where to stand or when to speak. That bitch pictured there has a hell of a life ahead of her when the inmates find out what she did. May no one have mercy on your souls

What could ever possibly possess any parent, any PERSON, to this type of thing to a child? Honestly, standing a foot to one side of their imaginary "spot"? Leaving her outside without appropriate clothing?? Speaking without PERMISSION!?!?!?

And these people consider themselves to be religious and pious and holier-than-thou... I'm pretty positive that the God I know is of no relation to the one they're following. :mad:

dbab873b.jpg

"Hana was a very pleasant young girl with a great personality and a beautiful smile".
If a smile could light up the skies, it would be yours Hana. . . light the heavens now
and be free and loved. Always.

Charged mother of dead teen: ' I think my daughter killed herself'

SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Wash. -- Hana Williams died of hypothermia after she was starved and abused, according to the Skagit County prosecutor.

But during the 911 call made while Williams was on the ground, unconscious, her adoptive mother claimed it was the girl's own rebellious and self-destructive attitude that led to her death.

"Yes, I think my daughter killed herself," Carri Williams told the 911 operator.

When asked why she thought that was the case, Williams answered, "She's really rebellious and she's been outside, refusing to come in. And she's been throwing herself all around, and then she collapsed."

It was May 12, a chilling 40 degrees and raining. Police learned 13-year-old Hana Williams had been in the backyard of her Sedro-Woolley home for half the day.

911 Operator: "Is she breathing?"

Carri Williams: "I don't think so, no."

911 Operator: "How old is your daughter?"

Carri Williams: "I don't know. We adopted her almost three years ago."

911 Operator: "You don't know how old she is?"

Carri Williams: "She's somewhere between the ages of 14 and 16."

Prosecutors have charged Carri Williams and her husband, Larry Williams, with homicide by abuse, but the Williams claim their daughter was acting out and refused to come inside.

"She was throwing herself all over the gravel, the yard, the patio," Carri Williams said. "We went to bring her in. My sons tired to carry her in, and she took her clothes off."

But court documents state Carri and Larry Williams had forced the girl to spend the day outside as a form of punishment. Detectives say the girl led a hellish existence, often starved, beaten and locked in a dark closet for hours.

The girl's brothers dragged her into the house, and the 911 operator coached Carri Williams through CPR. Hana Williams had a lump on her head, and was covered in blood, and investigators believed marks on her body were from repeated whippings.

Carri Williams insists the girl killed herself.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/131651828.html

Carri Williams should do the world a favor and kill herself.

What kind of fucking animal does this to a child, a very beautiful one at that, and then try to save their ass by saying the kid killed herself? This girl was old enough to know that cutting or pills would be more effective than throwing a tantrum like that.

Even IF it was true she killed herself by throwing herself around, the mother-creature would still be guilty for standing there and watching instead of intervening or calling for help.

Back