• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Honduran migrant admitted to purchasing a baby for $80 in Guatemala after finding out that it was easier for family units to apply for asylum at the United States border.

Amilcar Guiza-Reyes, 51, confessed to immigration agents when he presented himself at the border with the six-month-old boy and was told he would be required to undergo a DNA test.

According to U.S. officials, the undocumented immigrant, Guiza-Reyes reportedly bought the child during his stop in the western Guatemalan town of Huehuetenango and continued his journey through Mexico before reaching the southern U.S. border where he was detained May 7.

The case is one of thousands which officials flagged as potentially fraudulent in recent weeks.

The child, whose name was withheld for privacy reasons, was transferred to the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services for placement.

The department of Homeland Security has dispatched 400 agents to interview families that are suspected of handing over fraudulent documents. Agents have identified 5,500 fraudulent families - about 15 percent of all cases referred - over the last eight weeks.

During a July 18 hearing with the House Oversight Committee, the acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan said that agents discovered that migrants were also renting and kidnapping children in order to persuade immigration officials of their familial ties.

McAleenan added that migrants had paid anywhere between '$100 up to $1,000 or more.'

Continue reading at link

Yeah, tell me again about how bad (uncaring/unfeeling/heartless) I am for wanting accountability in all this mess...

What is happening to these babies?

But "Oh Noes! He's (Orange man BAD!) "splitting families up in cages!"

Or trying to protect babies... :banghead:

Back