• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
An autopsy completed Monday confirmed that a toddler killed in Slatington died from a gunshot wound and his death was a homicide, according to the Lehigh County Coroner.

Holly Pallone, a 26-year-old Slatington woman, said she was trying to unload a gun she planned to sell for $200 when the weapon fired, striking and killing her 19-month-old son as he lay in a crib late Saturday night, authorities said.

She called 911 and told dispatchers, "There was a gun and it went off and it hit my son in the forehead," according to court records.
[...]

Pallone was charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment. Involuntary manslaughter is a second-degree felony that carries a maximum 10-year prison sentence.
[...]

According to court records, the gun, a Smith and Wesson .44-caliber, was owned by Lloyd Peters, who rented apartment 2B above Lehigh Valley Auto Parts, where the shooting took place.

Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin said Peters, 66, was not in the apartment at the time of the shooting. He said investigators have ruled out the possibility that anyone else was in the apartment at the time of the shooting or was otherwise involved in the crime.

"[Holly Pallone] was sitting on the bed and attempted to unload a firearm and discharged it," Martin said. "The bullet went into the mattress. We've seen that. Unfortunately, it traveled through the mattress … and into the baby's [crib]."

Holly Pallone told police that she had planned to sell the gun for $200 to a man she referred to as "Low," from Allentown.

Pallone told police she used to buy drugs from "Low," and that he was coming to the apartment later that night or early Sunday to buy the gun.

Pallone told police she took the gun from the shelf to prepare to sell it, and while sitting on her bed next to the crib, she tried to unload it. As she was trying to remove the bullets, she apparently caught the hammer and the gun discharged, according to court records.

Pallone told police that "she did not know about guns and did not know how to unload" the weapon, court papers say.
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-slatington-shooting-20121007,0,1804096.story

With Anthony lying in a pack and play, the papers outline how Pallone sat on her bed and tried to unload the gun, even though she told police she didn't know how to remove the bullets. That's when documents say Pallone "apparently cocked the hammer" and the gun fired.

Martin says the bullet went through the mattress on the bed and into Anthony's crib about 5 feet away. Grim said the toddler had a single gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at 12:47 Sunday morning.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regio...ther/-/132502/16889604/-/lns6xvz/-/index.html

Here's a tip: if you don't know how to unload or handle a gun, don't unload or handle it, particularly not five feet from your sleeping child. Moron.

RIP little guy, sorry your mom is a careless idiot.

Ok just making sure we were all in agreement lol. Yeah I don't like guns but I figure hey if I don't know how to properly handle one then take it too someone who does. But what do I know? I'm not a drug addled 28y/o mother. Who the fuck knows what goes on in her head other than: must get drugs. i need drugs. gotta get drugs.

I don't dislike guns, they do have a purpose, they also don't hurt people all on their lonesome, they have to be acted upon to do anything. But I also don't know how to do anything but fire them, I know nothing about cleaning loading and unloading, so you know what, I don't touch them if I'm not intending on using them.

Best advice I ever got was, IF IT AIN'T YOURS AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT OPERATES, DON'T FUCK WITH IT!!! That works with just about anything, try it.

Poor little babe, at least it was quick.

The gun was a .44. My brother killed himself with a gun of that caliber. Feel bad for this mom. Idiot or not she had to look at her child missing its head.

A Slatington woman cried softly Wednesday as she explained to a Lehigh County judge how she accidentally shot her 19-month-old son in the head, killing him, while unloading a gun she planned to sell to a drug dealer.

In shackles, Holly Pallone, 27, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, a felony that carries up to 10 years in prison. She choked up while quietly recalling her last moments of freedom — her son's last moments alive. The courtroom was otherwise silent as the judge, attorneys and the audience listened.

Pallone told Judge James T. Anthony she was sitting on her bed, unloading the .44-caliber revolver just before midnight Oct. 6 in preparation of selling it to an Allentown drug dealer named "Low." She said she didn't want drugs from the dealer, just $200, but acknowledged he had sold her heroin in the past.

"I took the gun out of the closet and I was trying to unload it," she said, crying. "I don't know what happened — it just went off."

Pallone said she had never handled a gun before.
[...]

Pallone, who said she only went as far as the 10th grade but earned her GED, told Anthony she suffers from a variety of mental health issues, including bi-polar disorder, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

She said that on the night of the shooting she was on Suboxone, a drug used to help heroin addicts, and Klonopin, used to treat anxiety. It's unclear if either was prescribed, but Pallone told Anthony she was "self-medicating" and said she only remembers "bits and pieces" of the shooting.

When Anthony asked her what the drug dealer's real name is, she replied, "I don't know."

In return for the plea, a misdemeanor reckless endangerment charge was dropped.

Deputy District Attorney Anna-Kristie Morffi Marks said no deal was made between attorneys regarding how much time Pallone will spend behind bars.

Pallone, represented by public defender John Baurkot, said she was serving a year of probation for a retail theft in Carbon County when she accidentally shot her son, and Anthony noted that probation violation could land her in jail for up to seven years. The probation violation will be handled in Carbon County.

Pallone, who has been in Lehigh County Prison under $1 million bail, is scheduled to be sentenced for the shooting next month.
http://articles.mcall.com/2013-02-2...lley-auto-parts-anthony-f-pallone-drug-dealer

A Slatington woman was sentenced Wednesday to up to a decade in prison for accidentally shooting her 19-month-old son in the head and killing him while unloading a gun she planned to sell to a drug dealer.

The sentencing followed an emotional and sometimes bizarre hearing in which the woman's 68-year-old husband and a man less than half his age argued over who was the father of the dead child.

Holly Pallone, 27, was ordered to serve four to 10 years in state prison by Lehigh County Judge James T. Anthony for accidentally shooting her son to death just before midnight Oct. 6.

The sentence was in the aggravated range of state sentencing guidelines, a year above a standard-range sentence. Anthony said he issued the sentence because Pallone was about to sell the gun illegally to a drug dealer; had a duty to protect her child; was on probation at the time; and was under the influence of prescription drugs she illegally obtained.

"The court has sympathy for you, but you're the child's mother," the judge said. "You have to protect him."

Pallone, wearing a beige prison jumpsuit, tearfully apologized to her family.

"I wasn't a bad mom, I just had a problem with drugs," she said, crying. "I tried to get help."

Last month, Pallone pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, a felony. She said she took anti-anxiety pills Klonopin and Xanax the night of the shooting.

"I had taken too many that night," she said. "I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't taken those drugs."
[...]

Deputy District Attorney Anna-Kristie Morffi Marks said although Pallone claims she was selling the gun for cash, investigators believe she wanted drugs too. Marks said handling a loaded gun while on drugs near her son made the child's death "almost inevitable."

"The drugs were more important to her than the life of her child," Marks said.

Two men testified about the loss of their "son" because they both believe they are the father. Anthony Pallone, 68, is married to Pallone and says he's listed as the father on the child's birth certificate. But Scott Silverstein, 24, claims he's the father — he said a DNA test purchased from a pharmacy proves it — and said he's grieving the loss of his child.

Both men agreed on one thing: Pallone has a terrible drug problem.

Silverstein said he found syringes in the baby's diaper. Anthony Pallone said he left his wife because of her drug problem — after moving her to Florida and helping her to get on methadone, which is used to treat heroin addiction.

Police say the revolver belonged to 66-year-old Lloyd Peters, who lived with Holly Pallone, but he was not home at the time. Pallone said she wanted to sell it because she was desperate for money.

Pallone has said she suffers from a variety of mental health issues, including bi-polar disorder, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. Her family members say she has a 9-year-old child with Asperger's syndrome who lives with her grandmother.
http://articles.mcall.com/2013-03-2..._anthony-f-pallone-drug-dealer-slatington-mom

I agree. I feel like this was an accident (not saying the one lady intended to be hit by a train) but it's alot easier to misunderstand HOW dangerous a gun is when you've never held one. Maybe those aren't the right words... put it this way, I never appreciated the true power and danger of a gun until I was issued my M-16 in basic.

Please tell me no one here thinks this woman has suffered enough and shouldn't be punished either...

I don't typically feel sympathetic toward anyone on this website, but I sort of agree with you. Addiction is a screwed up thing that can make people do things they'd never normally do sober. I've got mixed feelings. I know the intention to harm her child wasn't there- she was drug-addled, desperate, and making crappy choices due to that. And she gets to rot in prison for it. Meanwhile, the Casey Anthony's of the world walk.

Ok, I'm a fall down drug addict coming up on 15 months stone sober. I was on a shit load of prescription pills, all mine, all in my name, all of which I was heavily addicted to and all of which I abused like you wouldn't believe. Oxys, Roxys, Luudes, Benzos, the whole deal. Addiction sucks, addiction makes you do crazy shit but you know what addiction doesn't do? Make you not responsible for being an ignorant dumb ass who plays with a gun near a child, especially if you haven't handled guns before. I own a 44, that is a big fucking gun. So, from experience I have NO sympathy and I don't feel for one second that she has suffered enough. Who has suffered? That child and his other family members but in my eyes she hasn't even begun to suffer enough.

Sympathetic, no. Perhaps I was misunderstood...

Please tell me no one here thinks this woman has suffered enough and shouldn't be punished either...
This is my residual bitterness at another post... sorry. I think it's worth a read but I'm link impaired. If anyone can help with a link it would be great but either way the story is about Tara Lewman ignoring train track warning signals.

I agree. I feel like this was an accident (not saying the one lady intended to be hit by a train) but it's alot easier to misunderstand HOW dangerous a gun is when you've never held one. Maybe those aren't the right words... put it this way, I never appreciated the true power and danger of a gun until I was issued my M-16 in basic.
This is a personal view and experience I had with guns. I think both Tara Lewman and Holly Pallone should go to prison for what they've done. So my post should really read MORE of an accident... but I screwed up. I'll edit it in a minute.

I don't typically feel sympathetic toward anyone on this website, but I sort of agree with you.
Forgive me. I did not mean to imply I felt sympathy, per se, but rather that I don't know of anyone who FULLY grasps something they have no experience with. I know I learn by experience, so I don't fully grasp things I have no experience with.

....I have NO sympathy and I don't feel for one second that she has suffered enough. Who has suffered? That child and his other family members but in my eyes she hasn't even begun to suffer enough.
*Claps hands, stomps feet, and lights a match.* DAMN STRAIGHT.

Maybe I'm cold-hearted to some, but if your child dies as a direct result of you being an idiot, your sympathy is somewhere in the dictionary between symbols and syphilis. Look for it there because you will not get it from me.

Last edited:
Back