• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

An Ormond Beach man is accused of ordering three teenagers out of a community pool area and firing a gun at them to make a point.

Authorities said Richard Marcelle, 66, confronted a group of teens at a community pool in the village subdivision off Nova Road.

The pool is for residents and authorities said one of the teens who lives in the community had two friends with him as guests at the time of the incident.

Police said the teens were not aware Marcelle had a gun in his left hand.

Surveillance images show a man identified as Marcelle holding the weapon while on the pool deck.

Deputies said Marcelle pulled a handgun out and fired a round into the ground next to the group.

Authorities said Marcelle is a member of the Homeowners Association and told the teens he was enforcing pool hours and that the pool area closed at sunset.

Officials said the teens told Marcelle they were staying after they noticed a sign that read the pool closed at 10 p.m. and it was only 9 p.m.

According to the report, Marcelle said, "No, you are not," and then fired a single shot.

Officials said the HOA did change the pool area hours but hadn't alerted homeowners or posted the new hours.

Police said the teens were stunned, one asking if Marcelle really shot at them.

Marcelle allegedly said, "Yes, I am putting my own life at risk."

Marcelle's neighbors told WESH 2 News he does a lot for them, saying he's not the kind of person to carry a gun or threaten children.

Last edited:
I couldn't deal with an HOA. Too much of an individual for having idiotic rules imposed by authoritarians who have nothing better to do. I have a hard enough time with my town's code as it is, so I don't need any added restrictions.

Um.. wouldn't firing a gun be a crime? And wouldn't crime bring property values down? Congratulations, Hopalong Assheady, you broke your own enforcement logic.

Self important trigger happy dick. Guns aren't magic authority sticks. Seriously hoping they don't reduce his charges.

I couldn't deal with an HOA. Too much of an individual for having idiotic rules imposed by authoritarians who have nothing better to do. I have a hard enough time with my town's code as it is, so I don't need any added restrictions.
In a previous life, I managed properties including condos. They suck. Some board members were like this asshole: self-important dictators. BFD, so you're a board member and believe you control everyone, including how many times they fart during the day and which way they wipe their assholes. Get a fucking life!

Deputies said Marcelle pulled a handgun out and fired a round into the ground next to the group.
That's reckless endangerment if you're a nutless prosecutor, assault with a deadly weapon if you've got a pair. And unless they're out in the sticks, I'm sure it's unlawful discharge of a firearm as well.

The HOA where my Mom lives was horrible. Then they re-wrote the Exterior Decoration Clause without putting it through committee like the Charter said they had to, and fucked with her over how many birdbaths she had. Long story short, she's president of the HOA now. If there's an afterlife, my Dad is laughing his ass off.

The HOA where my Mom lives was horrible. Then they re-wrote the Exterior Decoration Clause without putting it through committee like the Charter said they had to, and fucked with her over how many birdbaths she had. Long story short, she's president of the HOA now. If there's an afterlife, my Dad is laughing his ass off.
Your mom is a hero, it is a thankless job being President of an Association. Everyone wants something, special consideration, whining about a neighbor, etc. and there's a lack of privacy as one goes about trying to live their daily life. Kudos to her!

Your mom is a hero, it is a thankless job being President of an Association. Everyone wants something, special consideration, whining about a neighbor, etc. and there's a lack of privacy as one goes about trying to live their daily life. Kudos to her!
She didn't want it, but it seems like she has a good bit of support.

She stood up to the old board, and because she was right, they got voted out, and then people looked at her like "you're the one that fixed it!" And, like I told her— and I know this from personal experience— when people think you're the one who "fixed it," they expect you to fix the next thing that goes wrong. And if you find that you're actually good at fixing shit, maybe you *should* be the one fixing shit... at least for now.

The new board has replaced a shitty landscaping company with a good one, and a shitty property management company with a better one, so they're off to a good start. And I didn't get my "kick ass and take initials"-ness just from my Dad's side of the family, so it's not like she's in over her head or anything.

Really enjoying watching her take charge from afar.

Back