• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
And hides the evidence.

Emmanual Xiberras, 36 is accused of hitting and killing Jo-Ann Thwaites, 60 with his truck at Brookvale, north of Sydney. She was using a pedestrian crossing. He didn't stop.
She apparently went under the truck, wasn't seen by the next truck, and her body was dragged several hundred feet along a major arteriel road. The 2nd driver stopped, once he'd been alerted I assume, and rendered aid, or at least attempted to, I guess, and he isnt facing charges.

The nonchalent Mr Xiberras continued on his way to his next delivery a few minutes away, and is seen on CCTV cleaning his chicken truck in a delivery dock area. Part of which included removing Mrs Thwaite's bloodstained jacket from beneath his truck. He finished his work day and was arrested later after police tracked him down. They found blood on his truck.

He probably won't be charged with anything serious. So far I've only seen a failure to stop and render assistance charge. A traffic infringement.

Some links.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/31666245/victim-dragged-a-kilometer-in-brookvale-hit-and-run/

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/driver-charged-after-brookvale-pedestrian-death-20160520-gp0eh3.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...clothes-wheels-dumping-BIN.html#ixzz49l2a1f56

This is brutal.

He washed the blood off and removed her jacket. And was all nonchalant about it?

Ugh. If he knew he hit her, maybe if he had immediately stopped, the outcome could've possibly been different.

My heart goes out to her family. And to all the pedestrians of Sydney! After this guy pays his fines and is back behind the wheel. :nailbiting:

25/02/2019

A Sydney man who ran over a Northern Beaches grandmother and removed the evidence from his truck will not be jailed for the crime.

Emmanuel Xiberras, 39, refused to take responsibility for the death of Jo-Ann Thwaites in 2015 when he walked out of a Sydney court today.

The 61-year-old was at a pedestrian crossing on Old Pittwater Road in Brookvale when the chicken delivery truck he was driving hit her.

She was dragged underneath his vehicle and hit by another passing truck before dying at the scene.

Xiberras has always maintained his innocence, pleading not guilty to both dangerous and negligent driving.

“I felt a little bump from the side of the truck but other than that, I didn’t see anything else,” he said.

CCTV showing Xiberras later throwing Ms Thwaites clothing that he'd found underneath his rig was played in court.

He claimed he thought they were rags.

he faced the lesser charge of negligent driving today.

He was sentenced to a two-and-a-half-year corrections order, which can be served in the community rather than behind bars.

He was initially banned from driving for three years. However, today that was cut to two years. He will be able to drive again next year.

Back