• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox




A cautionary tale.
This is a classic electrical accident. People who are not used to this kind of work lose perspective on where the electricity is located, or they don't even think about it.


10 March 2019

A high school coach and his wife were killed after they were electrocuted on a high school baseball field in Liberty County, Florida, according to news outlets.

The couple’s son, who tried to help, was also injured in the accident, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.


As many as 30 people were on the baseball field Sunday at Liberty High School with head coach Corey Crum and his wife Shana Crum helping install a new scoreboard after Hurricane Michael destroyed the school’s old one.

‘We had ordered a new scoreboard. It had come in and so him, along with a few of the baseball players and some parents were out working on that, and he was on some kind of lift, and he got into an electrical line,” school board member Kyle Peddie told the Democrat.

[...]
Liberty County Sheriff Eddie Joe White called the deaths “a tragedy” and described the accident this way: "The coach, himself, was running a piece of equipment. It impacted a high power line, and the piece of equipment he was running became electrified. He was electrocuted. A white female who was there tried to render assistance. She was electrocuted. An actual member of the team came up to help. He was also electrified, but he was knocked away from the incident.”
[...]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

AngryLittleMexican

In this World, Anger is Necessary.
Bold Member!
I feel like this was a cheapskate install job, if so I have no sympathy. Pay up and get a pro. The FIRST thing a professional would do is check for active lines around the area. The second would be to cut any power to the area they were working on until after they did the install. It is called safety folks. Don't be cheap on things, doing it right pays off in the long run.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Craygor

Norse American
Bold Member!
I would not say this is Darwin Award worthy. The Awards require something that is clearly life threatening to the average person and this wasn't. They struck an electrical line with a lifting device, which is a very common occurrence, even for professions. Now, if he was trying to trying to splice into a "hot" 480 volt transformer to get some free electricity, that would be Darwin worthy.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Not enough details to tell if this was an amateur fucking up or if it was simply an accident that could happen to anyone even if they know what theyre doing. Sounds like his machine hit a line that perhaps he was aware of and didnt intend to mess with, from whats released thus far that seems like a possibility at least.

Not sure why someone would do it on their own. Was the school not able to foot the bill for it? Odd.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
remember that case in LA where he guy hit a hydrant and 2 women were electrocuted in the water that tried to help him? I will not mess with electricity wires or anything like that, we used to get wires down all the time in the storms in the mountains there & it is weird what can get electrified and nail you
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Top