• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
vatican-erosar2.jpg

God is getting into wearable tech.

The Vatican has devised a digital way to spread the Catholic gospel to today’s tech-savvy teens: the “Click To Pray” eRosary.

In a move that just screams Steve Buscemi’s “How do you do, fellow kids?” meme, a Taiwan-based tech firm Gadgtek devised a $109 religious recruitment tool, which consists of 10 consecutive rosary beads that wrap around your the wrist like any traditional rosary, reports the BBC.

However, unlike it’s traditional predecessor, the eRosary links to a “Click To Pray” prayer app of the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network. The device is activated by making the sign of the cross.

Targeting tech-savvy teens is particularly important in a time when the percentage of US Gen-Zers who identify as atheists is twice that of the general adult population.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/17/high-tech-rosary-aimed-at-luring-godless-teens-back-to-church/

And don’t skip any verses — God is watching, and so is the eRosary, which tracks your prayerful progress by keeping tabs on each rosary completed, and even features a movement-detecting metal cross. The gospel-spreading gadget’s app also provides audio and visual explanations as well as original religious content to guide users along in their worship.

And how does this help? People are not going to go running back to the church because they suddenly have a wristband...

As of 2017 there were estimated to be 1.313 billion Catholics. Why not tap into the market of the tech savy ones. I don't think it's the best idea, but I don't think it's a bad one either.

Back