• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police are treating the death of a 14-month-old boy as a homicide despite claims he died after being bitten by a spider.

Detectives in NSW’s Riverina region have told 9News toddler Kamahl Bamblett died as a result of "significant injuries to his abdomen" and they had ruled out several versions of events reported to them after his death on January 13.

Paramedics found the little boy unconscious at his Wagga Wagga home at about 10.45am and tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at hospital.

Riverina police district crime manager Detective Chief Inspector Andrew Spliet said an autopsy showed the toddler had not died from a spider bite.

"One hundred per cent it wasn't a spider bite, there is nothing here to indicate that's taken place," he said.

He said police believed he died from injuries inflicted by one or more people.

"It appears the child would have died within a few hours of that impact. It's highly likely that if some type of medical assistance have been given to the child in that time period, that the child would still be alive."

Police say that on the night the toddler was allegedly killed, his mother Tonnisha Sebbens and her boyfriend Emmett Brown were at home and several other people had come and gone from the house.

Earlier this year Ms Sebbens told 9News: "He's my son and I'm the only one who needs to know what's happened. It's no one else's business."

Back