• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Florida resident is taking a stand against panhandlers in his town after a homeless man allegedly rejected his offer of a $15 per-hour job by unceremoniously kicking his car and swearing at him, demanding instant cash instead.

Ryan Bray was travelling back to his home in Bradenton on Sunday when he encountered a panhandler, one of five or six encounters he has each week.

Determined to offer the man in need a more permanent solution to finally get off the streets rather than just handing over cash, Bray offered a proposition for the man instead.

Bray, who works for his family's remodeling business, says he offered the man a $15 per-hour job doing yard work with the firm, as well as offering guidance to help find the man a permanent place to stay.

Instead of being grateful, the panhandler reportedly lashed out.

'He reached his arms inside my vehicle, resting them and said 'Hey, do you have any money?' Bray said, 'No I have one better for you.'

According to Bray, the panhandler responded, 'Absolutely not!', before becoming physically aggressive and cursing at him.

He then kicked the tire of Bray's Jeep and told him to leave.

But Bray was determined for that not to be the end of the interaction, and instead returned home to make up his own sign begging for change – urging passing motorists to start ignoring the beggars and stop handing money over in a bid to drive them out of town.

The sign reads: 'I offered him $15 an hour to do yard work for me and he refused. If we as a community stop paying them, they will leave our neighborhood!'

'Every time anyone comes down 75th they are there. None of us want them in our neighborhood. They get irate and curse at you if you don't give them any money.

'One guy was yelling, 'I'll rape your mother and kill your wife,' Bray claimed.

Bray returned to the corner with the sign, standing next to the same culprit who apparently kicked his car, telling passing motorists the man begging for their hard-earned cash wasn't willing to work for it himself.

During the three-hours, Bray said the man 'didn't receive a dime' but said more needed to be done among neighbors to end the issue once and for all.

Speaking to Fox, the homeless man, who didn't want to be identified, insisted he wasn't doing anything wrong for asking for passing drivers' help.

'You can't shut me down brother,' the man insisted.

Her later told ABC News that Bray was the aggressor and never offered him a job.

'He's a rich preppy f***ing, piece of s*** who thinks I'm supposed to take his f***ing job because he's got money and he lives down here. I don't care what you got brother,' Alabama said. 'I never had no trouble until this dude shows up. Just because he's got money, don't mean as homeless people, we don't have rights.'

Bray is urging the local council to take a harder stance against aggressive panhandling in Bradenton.

@Craygor

Telling someone they should be an adult is not name calling.

Again you don't have to read any of my threads or comments.
Actually, that is insult, but no matter. As for reading your threads, don't worry, I will continue to do so and will make comments when I feel necessary, or just want too. It will be up to you to respond if you want. Cheers.

I remember when I was in high school my little brother and I saw a guy with a sign that said "Hungry. Anything Helps. God Bless." we were leaving the grocery store and my brother told me to stop the car and he gave him a package of peanut butter crakers. That guy started cursing and started throwing the individual cracker packages at our car! I guess he must have had a peanut allergy, or what just a piece of shit that only wanted money.

I was in my twenties. A man was panhandling for money saying that he hadn't eaten in 2 days. I offered to take him to a restaurant and buy him some lunch. He proceeded to tell me to f*** off he couldn't drink lunch.

My brother went to his bank machine. Sitting outside was a man panhandling. The man struck up a conversation with my brother reciting the expected sob story. My brother went inside conducted his business came out and handed over a $20 bill to the man. The man stood up walked across the street to the bar. I told my brother that he was doing the right thing but to never do it again. This was 2017.

I was with a friend in Edmonton Alberta when a man approached us asking for money for lunch. He was standing out in front of a restaurant. My friend went in, purchased him a sandwich and a drink and brought it out to him. The man knocked the food out of his hands and tried to punch him in the face. I deflected the blow and struck the panhandler in the side of the head. This was in 1985.

Here in the city oh, we have a team, I repeat a team of professional panhandlers working in concert. They have taken over a grocery a Walmart and a main intersection. They have done up lavish signs begging for money for food. All six of them live in the same residence. As I do not currently work I decided to do some snooping and some math. Over the course of two weeks I surveyed people who donated to these individuals. The average take for the day for the group of six in total was $2,000. Do the math. Tax-free money. This was April 2019.

There is an elderly Asian woman here in my community that rides around side saddle on an electric four-wheel scooter. She wears a little white sun hat, does not speak English but has lovely business cards that she hands out to people seeking donations. Well I had heard stories back when I was a reporter about her and was still curious. So I spent an afternoon and then another afternoon and a third confirming the stories. At the end of her rounds for collection she is met on a side street by her husband who drives a very nice late model Cadillac. She gets up off the scooter walks very normally to the vehicle. The husband gets out and dutifully dismantles to scooter and places it in the back of the Cadillac. They then drive home. Now this is not any ordinary home. It is in fact classified as a mansion. Three car garage according to the floor plan with a municipality six bedrooms, three bathrooms, again, a living room, a kitchen, a dining room, a formal dining room, you see where we are going here? This was 2018.

Experience has taught me.
Fuck panhandlers!

Lazy POS's that are a plague!
Zero tolerance laws should be in place in every community.
Vagrancy laws need to be enforced.
My long term solution...

Spoiler free humour!

We are always running pan handlers off at the Walmart I work at. One time the store mgr offered this guy with a sign that said he was trying to support his kids and wife some good quick money for picking up the trash in the lot. He was literally going to pay him like a 100 dollars to pick up 5 bags of trash. Guy told him to get lost. Said he makes way more begging. That was when we started really enforcing the parking lot boundaries.

I don't give money to panhandlers because of these stories I hear. However, I have to add that not all of them are like that. When I was going to a city college way back when, I was down to my last dollar and heading for the bus station to get home for the weekend. It was in the winter and getting darker by the minute. As I was rushing to get to the station to catch the last bus, it was creepy. I never walked the city alone when it was getting dark. I hear a man yelling behind me "Miss, oh Miss!" I freaked and stepped up my pace. Then, "Miss, you dropped this!" It was that last dollar I had in my pocket. He was grubby and definitely homeless and needed that dollar more than I did. I was stunned. I thanked him, grabbed the dollar and hurried on my way. But I will never forget that man and how someone way less fortunate than others can still have a good honest heart.

Here's a little story from 1970
Once a middle aged man, neatly dressed but a little dusty, came to the door asking for a drink of water,, said he was heading to a job by hitch hiking.. My mother asked if he woud like a sandwich and he admitted he was hungry. She brought him inside and cooked him a hot meal. He said he could not pay for the meal. Probably offered to do some chores. My mother said don't worry, she was sure he'd make a meal for someone someday. He went on his way, and a few hours later she went to get the mail, and there were a couple loose postage stamps in the box. So he did find a way to pay.
She said she wouldn't normally invite a stranger into the house like that but he was just like men they knew during the Depression, proud and down and out, who would work for a sandwich.

Back