• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
From your link, Pandorama. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Now, 36 years since Lyn Dawson disappeared, a blockbuster podcast, The Teacher's Pet, has thrown an intense new spotlight on this extraordinary story. It's looking ever more hopeful that the case might soon be resolved and Lyn's family will finally see justice done.

In April, police sent a new brief of evidence to the DPP. "It's an exciting step in this and in potentially finally solving this crime," NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller told Australian Story.

"We're still, with some passion, chasing the offender for this crime, and we sincerely hope that this year the matter will come to hopefully an end, a rather positive one. If it doesn't, we'll continue to investigate the matter. We won't give up."

Meanwhile, the man who decided not to prosecute Chris Dawson twice for murder, former NSW director of public prosecutions Nicholas Cowdery QC, has given Australian Story an exclusive interview outlining his reasons for not laying charges.

"Without a body, without knowing first of all whether in fact she is dead, without knowing secondly if she is dead, how she died, it's very hard to mount a case of a reasonable prospect of conviction just on motive and the undefined existence of means and opportunity. That makes it very weak," he said.

"Lyn Dawson disappeared, and that really is as far as I can take it in my own mind."

From your link, Pandorama. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

He’s so full of shit that Nicolas. They have no evidence because they literally did not look for her at all, no investigation was done at the time. Her husband killed her and moved his lover in the next day, didn’t even report her missing for six weeks. I feel so badly for her little daughters. She adored them and he just deleted theirmother and expected the teenager he was sleeping with to take her place. Which she couldn’t of course. She couldn’t love them like they were hers. She was 16!

Watched this australian 60 min i think it was on this a while back. Shocking

Even more shocking when you consider that the victim had a brother i think it was who was ON the police force. They seriously just didnt investigate.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...-murder-charges-teachers-pet-podcast/10584024
Chris Dawson, the former husband of missing Sydney woman Lynette Dawson, will be extradited from Queensland to New South Wales where he is expected to be charged with her murder.

The former Newtown Jets rugby league player, who is at the centre of the popular Teacher's Pet podcast, appeared in Southport Magistrates Court today with his head bowed, wearing a t-shirt, shorts and bare feet.
10585920-3x2-700x467.jpg

His lawyer made an application for bail, which was opposed by police.

Mr Dawson, 70, was arrested at Biggera Waters by detectives from Queensland Police Service's Homicide Squad.

He continues to maintain he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance.

The duty lawyer told the court he was willing to surrender his passport and live with a brother in NSW.

Magistrate Dennis Kinsella denied Mr Dawson's bail application, saying he was an unacceptable risk of failing to appear.

He also described the police case as "circumstantial", as no body had been found.

Mr Dawson held his head in his hands as the magistrate made his decision.

Queensland Police said Mr Dawson's extradition to NSW was unlikely to take place on Wednesday because of continuing negotiations with the commercial airlines over security arrangements.

It is understood the airlines are concerned about taking Mr Dawson on board because of the strong interest in the case.
[....]
NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said Ms Dawson's family was relieved after being told of the arrest.

Screw Australia’s privacy laws. According to google, he’s the one on the left.

175E7055-82FE-4B03-A88A-B360E9FBDAD4.jpeg

this is fantastic news. the ex has made a statement to police and I bet it's pretty damning. She was a victim too. only 16 when he moved her in.
He wanted bail because he didn't want to fly in handcuffs. so embarrassing.... judge said nah... good judge...

Back