• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Prelude to Ruin

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think,is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents."
-H.P. Lovecraft

Hello and welcome.

I shall reserve your cookie until after you tell us a bit about yourself.

If I don't eat it first as I am wont to do.

Let's see...
49 yr old male from the Hartford CT area
Guitar Player for the last 38 years ( way to long to be as bad as I am ):(
14 yr old son who makes me proud every day.

"In the four corners of life are the golden mirrors,
Reflecting what you are and what you are to be.
In the first is a young boy white dove in
His hand, in the second is a warrior in armor.
In the third is the old man, gold watch
In his hand fourth and last...
No reflection at all
No reflection at all"
- John Arch

Let's see...
49 yr old male from the Hartford CT area
Guitar Player for the last 38 years ( way to long to be as bad as I am ):(
14 yr old son who makes me proud every day.

"In the four corners of life are the golden mirrors,
Reflecting what you are and what you are to be.
In the first is a young boy white dove in
His hand, in the second is a warrior in armor.
In the third is the old man, gold watch
In his hand fourth and last...
No reflection at all
No reflection at all"
- John Arch

Okay. Here is your cookie!

I have only been playing for six years and I am fitty. I always wanted to play so I learnt it up myself!

Thanks for that Edwina...I rather liked that!
[doublepost=1516401992,1516401661][/doublepost]
Okay. Here is your cookie!

I have only been playing for six years and I am fitty. I always wanted to play so I learnt it up myself!
Heck...before the internet, it was tough finding Tabs, so I learned by ear. I also learned that Angus Young could say more with one note than the flashy guys who only perform fretboard masturbation ever could.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Edwina...I rather liked that!
[doublepost=1516401992,1516401661][/doublepost]
Heck...before the internet, it was tough finding Tabs, so I learned by ear. I also learned that Angus Young could say more with one note than the flashy guys who only perform fretboard masturbation.

I don't read music (despite years of forced piano lessons) so I usually print up the chords. I also play acoustic... more rhythm guitar...folkier stuff I guess. So not a lot of noodling, more of a strummer.

I did get a uke for Christmas and am learning that now. I hate how the nylon string will not stay in tune,though.

Right on ruin! We need more musical types around here! I play as well. I never really needed to learn to read music or fuck with tabs. I'm one of those miserable bastards that just had the knack. Of course it helps that my mom played bass in my dads band the whole time she was pregnant with me! WELCOME!

Sheeit...there's 12 year olds playing Paganini on the damn guitar these days!
I've only known a handful of people who've "had the knack". Thats a special talent you have there...enjoy it!

Oh...BTW, I hate you.;)

I play at the guitar. Does that count?

Welcome, PtR.

--Al
Sure does!
[doublepost=1516473328,1516472940][/doublepost]
Anyone with Dredd can't be bad.
Welcome Citizen.

Thanks Sejanus...if you ever need it, I have a "Get out of Iso-Cube free card! DROKK!

Thanks you all for the welcome...looks like I found the right place!
[doublepost=1516473648][/doublepost]
Fuck the guitar. I play the Baritone.

Here's your cookie.

"Fuck the guitar"....if I had a nickel for every time I've said that i'd have, well...a lot of nickels!
[doublepost=1516474898][/doublepost]
Thanks for joining. We need more male perspective in the forums.

Oh? Is the forum predominantly female?

I've read threads where the title reads Penis does this or that, and I agree with that assessment. No MAN should ever touch a woman or child in anger or stupidity. My Ex, my son and I always just sat down and talked as a family if something was wrong. People just can't communicate with each other anymore.

Back