• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Updated: Wed 5:30 AM, Oct 09, 2019

LYNWOOD, Ill. (WLS/CNN) - An Illinois family was stunned when a wheel from a machine that moves helicopters came crashing through their roof, leaving a hole big enough for rain to get through.

A wheel from a machine that moves helicopters from one hangar to another somehow stayed attached to the chopper until it fell off directly above Linda Taylor-Whitt’s house.

helicopter_wheel.JPG

(Source: Linda Taylor-Whitt/WLS/CNN)

Linda Taylor-Whitt and her family had just returned home from dinner Saturday night in Lynwood, Ill., when they realized something truly bizarre had happened.

A wheel had crashed through the roof and the ceiling, leaving a gaping hole in the bathroom.

“I just couldn’t believe it... I could not believe that a tire, and I’m like, ‘Is this an airplane?’" Taylor-Whitt said.

In disbelief and frightened, Taylor-Whitt called the police. The baffled officers called the fire chief, but no one knew what they were looking at.

“They couldn’t believe what they were seeing, and he was like, ‘I’ve never in my life seen this. I’ve been a fireman 30 or 40 some years,’" Taylor-Whitt said.

Officials later pieced together the mystery. It turned out a wheel from a machine that moves helicopters from one hangar to another somehow stayed attached to the chopper until it fell off directly above Taylor-Whitt’s house.

Link

--Al

Back