• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
A West Plains dad is in the Howell County Jail accused of drowning his son in a murder suicide attempt. Prosecutors say the man wanted to avoid child molestation accusations but officers kept him from killing himself.

Four-year-old Jacob Chappelle's mother says her estranged husband took her son from her at a gas station. Before the divorce filed last month was finalized and custody decided, prosecutors say Jacob's father chose to kill the boy.

Heather Chappelle will never see her four-year-old son alive again. “He was a good child. He didn't deserve what he got. He was a good baby,” Chappelle said. “I'm just a destroyed mom that's all I can say.”
Police say Jacob's father Eric Chappelle, 38, drowned the boy inside his West Plains home. When he didn't show up to work at a propane company, Chappelle's boss and landlord came to check on him. “They checked where the child went to daycare and the child wasn't in daycare either,” West Plains Officer Bryan Brauer said. “That kind of alarmed them that's why they went to check.” They called 911. When officers arrived the child was already dead.

According to court documents, once in custody Chappelle told officers he was accused of molesting two girls and did not want to be labeled a child molester and chose to kill his son and himself instead. “If he went through with murdering my son and then trying to kill himself then those allegations must be true,” Heather Chappelle said. “That's how I feel.”

Officers won't say exactly what happened to the boy but court documents say his father drowned him. An autopsy will be performed Thursday. “I wasn't able to talk to my son for two weeks before he did what he did and I didn't get to say goodbye,” Heather Chappelle said. “I didn't get to hold my baby one last time that's the hardest part.”

Chappelle faces more charges because officers say he tried to attack them with a knife after trying to stab himself in the stomach. He is charged with two counts of attempted assault on a law enforcement officer and two counts of armed criminal action. “When confronted with officers he did drop the knife and a Taser was used to subdue him,” Brauer said.

Instead of a court battle over custody, Chappelle will face criminal charges and a mother will not get the chance to bring her son home. “I don't want him to have the electric chair because that will be the easy way out for him,” Heather Chappelle said. “I want him to spend every day thinking about what he has done.”

Heather Chappelle says because of domestic violence she moved to Alabama. She spoke to KSPR News by phone. She says she will come to the Ozarks on Thursday to receive her son's body.
[...]
Chappelle is held inside the Howell County Jail on a $500,000 cash only bond. He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, treated and released. He's also charged with child abuse resulting in death.
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr...h-of-fouryearold-son-20110412,0,1125086.story
v4318h.jpg
Heather & Jacob Chappelle​
b5lm9w.jpg
Jacob​
29b0qow.jpg
POS Eric Chappelle
Also Alleged Child Molester​

So sick of these "failed suicides" after the babies are dead
Just save all your energy and leave the babies alone and use it all to put a gun in your mouth and do the job right,then you wont fail at your attempt

Last edited:
Oh how fucking sad! It takes my breath away to think someone could do this!

I agree that these murderers should save the energy of killing the children and do the job right when it comes to taking their own life. I don't think this shit stain was really wanting to die. I don't know what he though he would accomplish by killing the baby and pretending to want to kill himself. His life was over once he drowned the little one; he wasn't going to get any help or positive reaffirming attention, that's for sure.

Maybe he molested his son and was afraid he would get in trouble for that.

Poor Sweet Little Man...

So right. Kill yourself then asshole. Take your innocent little boy to f-en daycare first so he never has to know the facts until he is of an age to deal with it.

Poor little guy, he must've been terrified.

As a mother, I don't know how anyone can go on. My heart breaks for her, she will never be who she was again. Sad, he not only killed her baby, but he killed her too, IMO

There's no way this POS thought he was better off labeled "accused child molester and known child murderer." Killing Jacob was a way to hurt someone else (namely Heather) and scream "Fuck you!" to the world.

Thank You!

I want to tell all of you how wonderful it is to finally have someone on my side for a change! Instead of asking, before actually reading the whole story, why didn't you have your son with you? I did as you can clearly see, but again all of you have sense enough to read it. Yes the murder of my son is killing me inside so bad, because I LOVE my son dearly! I have buried many people in the past, but Jacob was by far the HARDEST..... I know I have to be here and be strong for my 2 girls. Which whom are so scared right now that someone is going to hurt them like their brother. All I ask is, you who are christians please pray for us, and you who are not please keep us in your thoughts. Thank each and every one of you for understanding and not judging me at this critical time.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you miss him dearly. I couldn't even begin to understand how you feel, but I know I would be one of the most depressed people you would ever meet. I don't think I could be strong enough to go on. I am glad you are doing your best to stay strong for your girls. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Just try to remember Jacob is in a place where no one can hurt him ever again.

I want to tell all of you how wonderful it is to finally have someone on my side for a change! Instead of asking, before actually reading the whole story, why didn't you have your son with you? I did as you can clearly see, but again all of you have sense enough to read it. Yes the murder of my son is killing me inside so bad, because I LOVE my son dearly! I have buried many people in the past, but Jacob was by far the HARDEST..... I know I have to be here and be strong for my 2 girls. Which whom are so scared right now that someone is going to hurt them like their brother. All I ask is, you who are christians please pray for us, and you who are not please keep us in your thoughts. Thank each and every one of you for understanding and not judging me at this critical time.

Heather,
I feel so bad for you. No parent should ever have to bury their child, let alone under the circumstances you have gone thru.
First of all, we only respond initially to the credible news source. Starting with that. If the news report is accurate, are they two girls he reportedly molested yours? I am actually glad he tried to off himself. Not so glad about the collateral innocent, your son, Jacob

Last edited:
Actually yes he raped my baby, but it was only my 11 year old that he was accused of. So now we are worried about my 5 year old as well. Now she is having to go through the same things my 11 year old did. I have to clear up one thing about the news article tho'. That MONSTER drowned my son Sunday April 10th at 11pm the Police did not find him until Monday April 11th at 2pm. I don't think Eric had any intentions of killing himself, he would have in that time frame, but yes he did try to kill himself while the police were there. I guess so he could look Insane or something to try to claim temporary insanity. HE had time to off himself if he wanted too, but he was to much of a COWARD!

You have my heart, Lady. I can not understand the grief that you suffer and how you can keep your soul from shattering. You are a hero to your other kids and the rock upon which they stand.

I will pray for you all and send all the love I have your way.

If old boy really wanted to die he could have committed suicide by cop and spared the world the agony of his presence.

Actually yes he raped my baby, but it was only my 11 year old that he was accused of. So now we are worried about my 5 year old as well. Now she is having to go through the same things my 11 year old did. I have to clear up one thing about the news article tho'. That MONSTER drowned my son Sunday April 10th at 11pm the Police did not find him until Monday April 11th at 2pm. I don't think Eric had any intentions of killing himself, he would have in that time frame, but yes he did try to kill himself while the police were there. I guess so he could look Insane or something to try to claim temporary insanity. HE had time to off himself if he wanted too, but he was to much of a COWARD!

You are in my prayers as well. Your are correct when you say he could have killed himself at any time. He is a coward! I hope your girls can heal from this and just know that as dark as it seems now there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh man, how do you approach a 5 y/o and ask her those questions? Or do you just know? Or do you just let it lie? I suppose you want to get to the bottom of it so you can move on from hell. Never thought of it from this perspective.
I really appreciate you sharing. Stick around, there a quite a few members with stories that will make you feel you are not alone.

Malq

My heart and prayers are with you
Its never goes away, it gets easier as time goes on(believe it or not)
I have buried a little boy(not to violence though) and it gets easier as time goes on but you have a longer way to go then I did
You still have to see the asshole in court proceeding etc,so Ill keep you and your kids in my heart and hope for the best(preferably a open jail cell so Bubba can get him)

Heather, my prayers are with you and your family. I can't imagine the loss of a child. I just wish these monsters would kill themselves. I don't see how it would make his case any better to kill an innocent child. Now he not only looks like a child molester, but a child murderer as well. Keep strong for your girls, they need you now more then ever.

I don't think the jerk even intended to kill himself.... ever. He did exactly what he set out to do. He hurt Heather and everyone who loved Jacob. THAT was what he intended to do.

To Heather and all of Jacob's loved ones, I am so sorry that someone took this light from your world. I hope that he will never see the light of day in freedom again. I don't know if the death penalty would be considered but at this point, I am thinking that this would be just too easy on the asshole.

Come on, "prison justice." This one is just begging for you.

Back