• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Jan 22, 4:54 PM (ET)

By TOM HAYS

NEW YORK (AP) - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28. NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

Obit_Ledgersff_NYET110_200801221648.jpg

Apparently it was one of the Olsen twins' apartment, not Ledgers. Also, it seemed that he died from an overdose of over-the-counter sleeping pills and not any type of illicit drugs.

Hate to see him go. The guy was a hell of an actor.

Apparently it was one of the Olsen twins' apartment, not Ledgers. Also, it seemed that he died from an overdose of over-the-counter sleeping pills and not any type of illicit drugs.

Hate to see him go. The guy was a hell of an actor.

Well if you're going to die... it might as well be fucking one of the Olsen Twins.

~Kyle

It's wierd... the first thing that flew out of my mouth when I heard this earlier was, "But did they finish filming his scenes for Batman?" Then, it was the requisite "That sucks".

In all seriousness though, Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is down the tubes now. As if the guy hasn't enough production problems in the past. Ledger was suppose to be a main character (of what nature I don't know) and it is currently in the middle of filming. Wonder what'll happen with that...

It's wierd... the first thing that flew out of my mouth when I heard this earlier was, "But did they finish filming his scenes for Batman?" Then, it was the requisite "That sucks".

In all seriousness though, Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is down the tubes now. As if the guy hasn't enough production problems in the past. Ledger was suppose to be a main character (of what nature I don't know) and it is currently in the middle of filming. Wonder what'll happen with that...

I thought the same thing about the Batman film as well. I've decided that may be a bad thing when I'm more worried about that film then the fact someone died.

As for the film he was in the middle of doing. I would imagine it would play out a bit like that one Ed Wood film... Plan 9 From Outer Space, they'll just use a stand-in....

~Kyle

Kyle, Yes the new Batman is finished!

And in what may be his final finished performance, Ledger proved that he wouldn’t be intimidated by taking on a character as iconic as Jack Nicholson’s Joker. Ledger’s version of the Batman villain, glimpsed in early teaser trailers, made it clear that his Joker would be less comical and more depraved and dark.

4 people asked me today if The Dark Knight was finished filming,
One of them being my 8 year old son! another being Kyle!

Last edited:
Well if you're going to die... it might as well be fucking one of the Olsen Twins.

~Kyle

The Times initially reported that Ledger was found in an apartment owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but a spokesperson for the actress, who is at the Sundance Film Festival, later told the Times the apartment was not Olsen's.

A Heath Ledger timeline

Highlights in the life of actor Heath Ledger:

April 4, 1979: Heath Ledger is born in Perth, Australia. At 16, quits high school, moves to Sydney and pursues his first movie parts; later relocates to Hollywood.

1999: He breaks out as a surly outsider in the teen romantic comedy 10 Things I Hate About You, starring Julia Stiles.

2000: Stars in the big-ticket drama The Patriot, co-starring Mel Gibson.

•While filming his next project in Prague, he meets actress Heather Graham. The two date for about a year.

2001: After starring in the romantic adventure comedy A Knight's Tale, he is nominated for Teen Choice and MTV Movie awards.

•Plays Billy Bob Thornton's conflicted, suicidal son in Monster's Ball.

2004: In April, Naomi Watts and Ledger call it quits after two low-key years together; they met while shooting 2003's Ned Kelly.

•He hooks up with Michelle Williams while shooting Brokeback Mountain with her in the summer and fall.

2005: Stars in the drama Brokeback Mountain as Jake Gyllenhaal's tortured lover; earns his first Oscar nomination for the role.

• Daughter Matilda Rose is born Oct. 28.

2006: In March, he and Williams walk the red carpet together at the Academy Awards. Neither wins in their respective categories, actor and supporting actress.

2007: In September, Williams and Ledger break up quietly after three years together.

•In November, the drama I'm Not There opens; Ledger plays one of Bob Dylan's many incarnations.

•In December, photos of Ledger as The Joker from Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated Batman flick Dark Knight hit the Internet.

2008: The last photos of Ledger emerge from London, where he was in costume shooting The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

•On Jan. 22, his body is found with sleeping pills nearby in a New York apartment. Police do not suspect foul play.

damn. dude was found dead and naked. i dont kno if i would want to be found sprawled on the floor dead and naked.

Would have been better if he had jumped off of a building. What with that name, and all.

damn. dude was found dead and naked. i dont kno if i would want to be found sprawled on the floor dead and naked.

Rather that then hanging from a ceiling fan with a dildo up your ass and a puddle of spunk on the floor below you.

Would have been better if he had jumped off of a building. What with that name, and all.
....a building that houses an accounting firm. Nobody's original anymore. You'd think being an actor he'd have more of a flair for the dramatic.

As for the film he was in the middle of doing. I would imagine it would play out a bit like that one Ed Wood film... Plan 9 From Outer Space, they'll just use a stand-in....
Well, its a Gilliam film, not an Ed Wood, so I imagine there would be some sort of standards. :p

Well, its a Gilliam film, not an Ed Wood, so I imagine there would be some sort of standards. :p

Im guessing if his bit was nearly complete it would get a boost in budget(sad but true, last flicks of deceased actors sell like crazy) for digital/stand in completition ala The Crow after Brandon Lee's death, If they didnt had much to work with, well not much scenes to reshoot with another actor.... the Movie could get througth.

Just to end this conversation - production has been closed and the crew was flat fired. Heath was the star, and according to some sources, he was the reason the movie got the big budget. The movie got more funding when Heath signed on. I'm not sure how accurate that last part is, but production is closed and everyone was let go.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/22180

Just to end this conversation - production has been closed and the crew was flat fired. Heath was the star, and according to some sources, he was the reason the movie got the big budget. The movie got more funding when Heath signed on. I'm not sure how accurate that last part is, but production is closed and everyone was let go.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/22180

Damn, that really sucks for Gilliam. Guy has enough of a hard time getting movies made.

Ledger's Joker a Serious Topic

dk-serious-poster.jpg

The Dark Knight posters ask, "Why so serious?" In the wake of Heath Ledger's death, the answer is because the movie has a situation.

"So far everything's been about the Joker," says Comics2Film.com founder Rob M. Worley. "Can they continue to put the Joker's face on this?"

Everything changed Tuesday when Ledger, who plays the greasepaint-caked criminal in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel, was found dead at the age of 28.

Warner Bros., the studio behind the comic-book franchise, was said to be mulling its marketing campaign for the $150 million movie, directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader.

"It's one of those things that pops up in our business that you need to deal with," says Mitch Litvak, president of the L.A. Office, an entertainment marketing firm. "They're going to have a chance to sit back and think about it."

Fortunately for Warners, it has time. The film, which Ledger completed his work on last fall, isn't due out until July 18.

While the ad campaign may be tweaked, fans' interest won't be affected, Worley predicts. "If anything, they want to see it more now," he says. "There will be an almost spiritual component."

The situation looks to be trickier, if not more perilous, for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, the Terry Gilliam fantasy Ledger was working on at the time of his death.

According to Variety, Ledger's name helped the independent production secure its $30 million budget. Without its biggest star, the movie has three options, the paper said: recast, shoot around Ledger's absence or call "cut."

Filming on Doctor Parnassus began last month. Ledger, who died in New York, had been shooting in London last week.

On Thursday, Gilliam and the producers said they "will be assessing how best to proceed."

"Heath was a great actor, a great friend and a great spirit," the statement said. "We are still in a state of deep shock, saddened and numb with grief."

If the movie is scrapped, it'll be the second time this decade that a Gilliam production has been so cursed. In 2000, the filmmaker started and stopped work on the never completed The Man Who Killed Don Quixote when his aged leading man suffered a back injury.

On a legacy note, if Doctor Parnassus doesn't recover, The Dark Knight will become Ledger's final film. And even Worley's not sure how he feels about that, about seeing Ledger, an actor of sensitivity who earned an Oscar nomination for Brokeback Mountain, go out on screen as a sick and sadistic villain.

Says Worley: "It's not like On Golden Pond, where it's this sweet sentimental sendoff that Henry Fonda had."

Last edited:
No Drugs on Heath's $20 Bill

As the search for answers in the tragic death of Heath Ledger continues, new evidence has emerged in the case.

A rolled-up $20 bill was discovered near the actor's body, police confirmed, adding that no illegal drugs were found in his apartment.

Although no visible drug residue was found on it, the bill was to be taken to a lab for testing, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said Wednesday at a Manhattan news conference.

Hours later, police announced that the bill had come up negative for illicit substances, scuttling the theory that the actor had been snorting drugs before his death.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=73b86298-5681-4729-8cdc-3782e9390584&entry=index

I hope they don't go in and re-cut the new Batman film because Heath Ledger died. I don't want to see any "less" of The Joker just because he's dead. I hope they keep the film as is, marketing and everything.

~Kyle

Michelle Williams just released her first official statement, and it is heartbreaking:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman. "My heart is broken."

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams said in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080201/en_nm/ledger_williams_dc_3

http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/02/michelle-willia.html

Last edited:
Back