• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Ripley

Better to be pissed off than pissed on
Bold Member!
FFS just go away you cow. Whoever’s funding her defense (parents) should just turn that money over to the grieving family.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Caligirl90

The Bitch Witch Penguin
OH FUCK OFF!!!! This wasn't assisted suicide it was at best coerced suicide. Assisted suicide is more like what Kevorkian did, not this bullshit.

spiff

Professional cat spooner.
Bold Member!
The involuntary manslaughter conviction of a young woman who encouraged her boyfriend through dozens of text messages to kill himself was upheld Wednesday by Massachusetts’ highest court.

[...]

Carter’s lawyers said in an email they are disappointed in the ruling and will consider appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court, among other legal options. Carter, now 22, was sentenced to 15 months in jail, but has remained free while she pursues her appeals.

I'm a little surprised she hasn't won any appeals. Telling someone to do something doesn't usually make you criminally responsible (and I'm absolutely not talking morally responsible here, she's a POS). I'm also not sure why part of the ruling had to do with the fact that she didn't call police - isn't that legally only the responsibility of mandatory reporters?

Maybe I'm missing some laws she broke though, since I'm not sure how else she would lose an appeal. Good riddance either way.

Exodus

I'm a little surprised she hasn't won any appeals. Telling someone to do something doesn't usually make you criminally responsible (and I'm absolutely not talking morally responsible here, she's a POS). I'm also not sure why part of the ruling had to do with the fact that she didn't call police - isn't that legally only the responsibility of mandatory reporters?

Maybe I'm missing some laws she broke though, since I'm not sure how else she would lose an appeal. Good riddance either way.
It might have something to do with the Boyfriends State of mind, and her taking advantage of that weakness. I wouldn't consider it to be perfectly normal to want to attempt suicide, such that they may be considering him mentally fragile & easily manipulated, treating it like they might had the victim been mentally retarded. I have no more knowledge of the case than you but that would be my guess.

Craygor

Norse American
Bold Member!
‘‘I thought you wanted to do this. The time is right and you’re ready — just do it babe,’’ Carter wrote in one message.
‘‘You’re finally going to be happy in heaven. No more pain. It’s okay to be scared and it’s normal. I mean, you’re about to die,’’ she wrote in another.
The dude was a very weak ass fucker and he was going to kill himself one day, with or without her urging.

Actually, if the girl was really serious she could have saved all those texts and just him this.

Last edited:

Staff online