• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
'tis the season. halloween. i have a few experiences i would like to put into writing.

growing up, i was a rebellious little punk. no, I'm serious. bear with me. i listened to heavy metal, read "the satanic bible", "sex and satanism" and "the necronomicon". i also enjoyed the look on my father's face when he would find such books and rip them in half in a religious fervor. how my parents endured me without employing a baseball bat for disciplinary measures is beyond me. i was increasingly fascinated by dark subjects into my late teens, early 20's. It was around this time that I began meeting people (literally one after the other) who had experience with such things. it was from this (much later realized) that i developed the belief that just like when seeking a relationship with god, he met me halfway, the devil did the same.

i was seeking power and respect. nothing more to say about that except to provide some backstory. i was able to see when someone was touched by such events in their eyes. i had been successful at seeing they had 3 times and once I was wrong.

13 years ago or so, i owned a condominium in Kentucky. something was wrong with that place. something, other than the simpering dolt that is my bad self being there, that is. i had lost a lot of my fascination with such things but it had come back around this time. reading a lot of it. Mostly on the internet. a couple strange things occured. i began waking up in the middle of the night with a profound feeling of being watched. one night, it was so overwhelming, i felt like crying in fear. that had never happened prior. i have been in fear for my life several times and yet it wasn't nearly as frightening as this. the feeling of being watched happened at various times throughout the day but always at home. i fully expected to turn my head and see someone or something staring at me. i had a girlfriend at the time and she would stay the night sometimes. i never spoke to her of this because i was embarrassed about it and thought i had merely been reading too much stephen king. yet, one morning she told me that she felt strongly that someone was watching her. i got a bit spooked as this cast into doubt my rationalizations of these events being an overactive imagination.

i had had a cat pretty much my entire life up to that point, also. i was quite familiar with their behavior. one night, the cat i had at the time was freaking the fuck out. standing in the middle of the room, staring at the ceiling. all hunkered down with big eyes. growling but i could see she was terrified. i tried several times to get the cat to knock it off by yelling at it. i was getting seriously creeped out. i saw nothing where the cat was looking but she most certainly saw it. i rolled up a newspaper (loosely) and hit the cat and she ran into the other room and hid for two days.

the final event was while i was sleeping on the couch. my girlfriend was in the bedroom and i suspect either she or i "wasn't acting right" because of my choice to sleep out there. i woke up in the usual fashion. heart racing with the feeling of being watched but this time was different. i felt...something inside me. it felt ancient and it felt evil. i knew it was also quite wise. Just what I felt. exactly. i was too terrified to move or speak. i tried to call out to my girlfriend but i could barely muster a whisper. never...have I felt like that. i laid there until the morning which was about 2 hours and never told her of this experience.

it all seemed very real at the time and i have never experienced anything like it since then.

Last edited:
i saw an interesting documentary about 2 or 3 years ago called "my amityville horror", which featured the son of george lutz, who is now an adult. the things alleged to have happened with that house are questionable but evidently george lutz was obsessed with the occult. it was odd to hear of someone having had a similar experience. i still remain fascinated by horror movies, books and music but i tend not to read of such subject matter (occult & satanism) these days.

anyone with similar experiences?

When I was a pre-teen, friends and I loved this old abandoned house. It just looked haunted, y'know, so kids never left it alone. We'd go there to smoke and whatever because traffic picked up at the graveyard and that stuff's awkward with mourners around. Anyway... short story ever shorter, we decide to brave the rotten stairs one day and found an attic. As soon as I got up there, I was hit by a massive migraine so I left. When I got home I asked my parents about the house and they said someone committed suicide there

And since I mentioned the graveyard, I have to mention the local urban legend about its angel statue. Supposedly it lost an arm after 2 idiots decided to use it as target practice; the arm broke off, impaled one of them. Idk if that's true, it seems accidental enough, but of course rumors started that the angel's eyes followed people and you could hear the stone shifting if you got close. Someone I know pissed on it and nothing happened to him except we stopped being friends

I had a set of spring hangers I'd ordered for my vehicle sitting on the screened-in porch of the house. At least, I thought I did. When I went to get them they weren't where I left them.

A day or two later I was heading out to go do something (replace my spring hangers? I don't remember), and they were sitting right where I had left them. Where they hadn't been a day or two before.
--
When I moved into the house I began exploring it. In the basement I discovered a cellar with a mouse trap sitting on the shelf, baited and set. I closed the cellar door behind me and went on to look at another part of my house.

My routine took me back down to the basement a couple of times over the next three or four days, and on the last trip downstairs I noticed the cellar door was ajar. I knew I'd closed it the last time I had it open, and I knew it had been closed every other time I'd been down there. It was cracked open now, though, and I had to know why.

When I looked in the cellar I discovered the mouse trap was no longer set. Nor, for that matter, was it empty. I had caught a big old fat mouse and it was deader than Hell. And I figured the house didn't want that nasty old dead mouse in its cellar so it cracked the door so I would go look.

--Al

Somehow I believe these events are generated by the subconscious mind. However, I have not had these experiences, and watching those ghost hunter "reality" shows is useless. It's also disappointing how many amateurs and professional ghost hunters alike are incapable of holding a camera still or keeping their mouths shut or not running away. Sorry, but that always looks like total bullshit.

This, on the other hand, really is the stuff of nightmares but, again, has a rational explanation.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but paranormal experiences, UFO's, and aliens are simply not in my realm of existence. The events I have experienced that were out of the ordinary involved kundalini and spiritually based. We do have components that we don't fully understand nor do we have full knowledge of how they work with the conscious mind. We inhabit and are the universe at the same time, so it's all very interactive on a personal and planetary scale. I do not yet understand the mechanisms of these interactions. For reasons that can only be intuitive I have been interested in quantum physics since the early 1990's. Sometimes I feel that I'm on the brink of getting it but that understanding is always just out of reach. Certainly, I have never had a unique thought. I can pretty much guarantee that there really is nothing new under the sun. Perhaps that only means we've put ourselves into a box that we haven't gotten out of for eons, because many civilizations have gone before us and we start over on the same path as before every time.

i like that, satanica. thank you for the input. an interesting read. profound. i am pretty sure that movie is now on netflix. "the nightmare" is what it is called, so it could be different. it sits in my cue.

Growing up I had a best friend Jackie. We did crazy shit on the daily.

We lost touch with each other after we both got married and moved around. (For the younger readers here) this was before the internet, before cellphones etc. Calling someone in the next town over was considered long distance. If you moved, you didn't get to keep your phone number. So we lost touch.
Fast forward to age 32 I was busy living life. One morning I woke up very happy that I had found my long lost friend. I was remembering that we laughed as we talked about the crazy shit we did and crushes we had. Then I realized it was only a dream. It felt so real but it was only a dream. As I was getting ready for work, o vowed I would find her somehow. I went to work and sort of forgot about it. With a full time job and 4 boys in the house, it was easy to forget such things. At that time, I had 2 papers delivered to my house but didn't have time to read them daily. I would pile them up until my day off and then read them all one morning. As I was paging thru, I glanced at the obituary section (not a normal read for me) and there was her name. She died the same night/morning as my dream.

I never believed in ghosty stories but this happened to me. I'm sort of excited to see what happens after I die.

I have 2 more but I'll have to post them on another day.

I'm being visited by my dead cat. She loved to sleep next to me, as close as possible. Anyway, a couple of times I've felt a cat jump on the bed and curious as to which one it is, I open my eyes and none of the living cats (I now have 3) are in my room. After the first time, I am convinced it's Libby coming back to sleep with her mommy, She was a feisty one. Hated people and the other cats. I was the only one who she really loved. She would lie next to me on the couch when I was watching TV and "let" me cuddle with her and rub her tummy. Anyone else who touched her got swiped at.
God I miss her. :cat:

I've been suffering from sleep paralysis for about 15 years. It's usually pounding on the bedroom door or my son running down the hallway. The worst and scariest is feeling the blankets lift and something climbing into bed with me. It's less frequent now and I have trained myself to realize it's not real and force myself to wake up when it happens. I've never experienced aliens but a few times it was a black cloaked figure running towards me.

I had extremely vivid alien abduction nightmares. I think the worst part is I'm a lucid dreamer, I've had chronic nightmares for as long as I can remember; like you I trained myself to wake up or change aspects of them, but I couldn't with the sleep paralysis ones. Luckily I'm a lot less stressed (this was like 8 years ago, when I moved out and lived by myself for the first time) so they don't happen anymore

I'm being visited by my dead cat.
Cat, who has been gone for six years, has visited many times since. And it's the same: a cat's footsteps on the bed and no Li'lCat in sight to make them

I sat bolt upright the first time it happened, and it took a while to get back to sleep. Now it doesn't bother me any more.

--Al

I have now remembered that there was an odd phone call not long after my dad passed away. 1999, so we still had the traditional phone and when I answered it I could hear a lot of static and something I thought was a man's voice but I couldn't be sure due to the static. I hung up and then thought "what if it was my dad". I regret not saying anything now even though it was probably a fluke.

Growing up I had a best friend Jackie. We did crazy shit on the daily.

We lost touch with each other after we both got married and moved around. (For the younger readers here) this was before the internet, before cellphones etc. Calling someone in the next town over was considered long distance. If you moved, you didn't get to keep your phone number. So we lost touch.
Fast forward to age 32 I was busy living life. One morning I woke up very happy that I had found my long lost friend. I was remembering that we laughed as we talked about the crazy shit we did and crushes we had. Then I realized it was only a dream. It felt so real but it was only a dream. As I was getting ready for work, o vowed I would find her somehow. I went to work and sort of forgot about it. With a full time job and 4 boys in the house, it was easy to forget such things. At that time, I had 2 papers delivered to my house but didn't have time to read them daily. I would pile them up until my day off and then read them all one morning. As I was paging thru, I glanced at the obituary section (not a normal read for me) and there was her name. She died the same night/morning as my dream.

I never believed in ghosty stories but this happened to me. I'm sort of excited to see what happens after I die.

I have 2 more but I'll have to post them on another day.

omg. i feel the same way about the other side myself due to my own experiences. thank you for posting that.

Back