• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, SC (FOX 46 WJZY) - The mother of an infant who was found dead inside a plastic container Tuesday could possibly undergo a psych evaluation while in custody, according to Chesterfield County Sheriff Jay L. Brooks.

The mother, Breanna Lewis, 19, has been charged with giving false information to law enforcement, desecration or removal of human remains, and destroying, altering, concealing or tampering with physical evidence following her false kidnapping report.

The Sheriff's Office said an autopsy of the 11-month-old girl, Harlee Lane Lewis, has been completed, but the official results of that autopsy are unavailable at this time. The results have been turned over to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED).

According to Sheriff Brooks, there were no visible marks on the baby's body or any evidence that could be seen with the naked eye that showed Harlee Lewis had been murdered. Her remains were found hidden inside a plastic bag in a plastic container about 1,000 yards from the home.

"The two officers that found this child are going to have to have counseling," Sheriff Brooks said.

Brooks said it's possible the infant died from natural causes.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/...n-suicide-watch-while-autopsy-results-pending
How often do parent's say that the baby died from natural causes or accidents? How many have been proven to be true? None, that I remember.

How often do parent's say that the baby died from natural causes or accidents? How many have been proven to be true? None, that I remember.
most of the time there's no news stories about a childs death unless something hinky, negligent, or tragic is involved, sadly it happens more then people think. but I agree, if it hits the news there's almost always because someone caused it or didn't stop it from happening.

According to Sheriff Brooks, there were no visible marks on the baby's body or any evidence that could be seen with the naked eye that showed Harlee Lewis had been murdered. Her remains were found hidden inside a plastic bag in a plastic container about 1,000 yards from the home.
As soon as I read the part where the baby was found naked in a diaper box and the mother was involved, I wondered if it wasn't a drowning, I guess we wait to see if it's criminal, mental, or accidental with a scared and dumb teen mom for the reason she's dead

Breanna Lewis is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday at 2 p.m. at the Chesterfield County Courthouse in connection with homicide by child abuse in the death of her 11-month-old daughter last May in Chesterfield County, according to 4th Circuit Deputy Solicitor Kernard E. Redmond.

Deputies arrested Lewis last May and initially charged her with improper disposal of human remains and filing a false police report after her daughter, Harlee Lewis, was found dead in a diaper box on Daisy Lewis Lane off Jackson Road East in the Chesterfield community of Chesterfield County.

The arrest warrant for the homicide by child abuse charge reads:

On or about May 29, 2018, one Breanna Denise Lewis did commit the offense of homicide by child abuse by inflicting injuries about the body of her 11-month-old daughter that were non-accidental which resulted in her death. Probable cause was based on the investigation, physical evidence and pathological findings. This offense occurred at 202 Daisy Lewis Lane in the Chesterfield area of Chesterfield County.
Deputies said Lewis lied and told them she'd been assaulted by a man, who had ripped baby Harlee from her arms near her home.

Deputies issued an Amber Alert but canceled it after finding the baby's body in the diaper box.

She’s also charged with desecration of human remains, tampering with evidence and giving false information to law enforcement.

A judge ordered a mental evaluation earlier this year. No word on when or if the results of the evaluation will be released.

Latest posts

Back