• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

An Italian woman died of complications from the nose job she got for her 21st birthday, according to new reports.

Maria Chiara Mete got a rhinoplasty — or nose reshaping — procedure done at the private Casa del Sole clinic in Fromia, in the province of Latina, on June 17 because she was unhappy with her appearance, the Mirror reported.

Following the procedure, she suddenly went into cardiac arrest for no apparent reason, and doctors tried to revive her — but to no avail. She was taken to the Dono Svizzero hospital, and then to the Santa Maria Goretti hospital, where she died after a week in a coma

Full Story:

She does look very pretty there, but the way the light reflects off her nose makes me think she might have an aquiline nose, which can be unfortunate on some faces.

Still not worth it, very little surgery is worth the pain and risk. But I'm not sure that single picture gives us any idea of how good or bad that sniffer really was.

Everyone saying she's attractive and didnt need it are basing it on a ipcture that doesnt show the profile of her face. Need a side view to judge the work needin on the monstrosity sitting in the middle of her face.

Sounds like the anesthesilogist fucked up.

I SMELL a lawsuit

BTW, in this era of increased respect for women with the metoo and whatnot, i think it's profoundly, disgustingly wrong for anyone, especially a man, to tell a woman she is attractive and didnt need plastic surgery. If a woman thinks she's a hideous she-beast, it is not my or any other mans place to tell her otherwise. That would be incredibly innappropriate and disrespectful

Last edited:
Well that sucks, she probably had swelling and the rigor mortis then the nose wounds as her last impression in the coffin. Bet if she knew she might die she'd just be resigned to her horse nose :/

She does look very pretty there, but the way the light reflects off her nose makes me think she might have an aquiline nose, which can be unfortunate on some faces.
The trick with an aquiline nose is that you have to own it. Stand up straight, sweep your hair back from your face and stare down it imperiously at any yahoos who have the nerve to comment.

I spent my 21st birthday drinking & dancing with US Marines at a pub, which was loads more fun than this

Last edited:
Just remember Jennifer Gray, "Baby", from Dirty Dancing.

In the early 1990s, Grey underwent two rhinoplasty procedures—the second of which was necessary to correct problems stemming from the first—that resulted in a nose that caused even close friends to fail to recognize her, and the major change in her appearance negatively affected her career. Of the experience she said, "I went in the operating room a celebrity—and came out anonymous. It was like being in a witness protection program or being invisible."[20][21] She briefly considered changing her name in order to start her career anew, but ultimately decided against this.[22]

From March 1999 until January 2000, Grey starred as herself in the short-lived ABC sitcom It's Like, You Know..., which satirized her much-publicized nose job as a running gag.
Before
full

After
full

Back