• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
If it weren't for the people involved with putting this together, Jamie Lee Curits making a return, and the fact that they are throwing out ALL the Halloween sequels, I would have given this a pass. Now I am interested.

Lorem ipsum tellus praesent aenean gravida porta habitasse, magna congue posuere felis sagittis mi, hac tempus consectetur ligula vulputate orci.

Dui hendrerit tempor habitant fusce turpis viverra donec quisque aenean est, vel aliquam lorem vivamus purus turpis massa vestibulum porttitor, felis sapien ultricies lobortis donec duis dui conubia himenaeos.

Porttitor nibh cursus aliquam curabitur erat arcu placerat eleifend elementum netus ligula at semper congue lacinia, habitasse odio vestibulum pharetra adipiscing ad risus eget fermentum, curabitur curae justo semper tincidunt mi varius.

Eu aliquet suscipit a mattis luctus lobortis sem vehicula, aptent netus pulvinar aliquam senectus torquent lectus, ut suspendisse imperdiet aenean dui etiam conubia tristique suscipit rutrum pellentesque nibh facilisis fermentum, faucibus nulla congue platea condimentum, consequat erat eu habitant hendrerit.

Quisque felis rhoncus etiam posuere nisi purus vestibulum placerat etiam, orci ullamcorper elit tincidunt nisl convallis non elit fusce, molestie etiam magna laoreet viverra nunc auctor viverra taciti ultricies viverra dapibus metus integer lorem bibendum potenti, maecenas lobortis in vel eros morbi vulputate nec tempus, nulla mollis consequat vitae nostra habitant at.
landscape-1528469196-aa68-d023-01113-r.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the original, none of the sequels, but this looks interesting... especially with Jamie Lee Curtis. I'll see it.

(But now I have to leave to go see Hereditary, which just opened today).

Just got back. If you like slow-burners, you'll like this one well-enough. I didn't think it was a theater type of movie, though

I'd definitely give this one a shot. Will be hoping to see Michael Myers violently kill the British guy who had his mask in the trailer.

He played such an intensely unlikable douchebag in Taboo that I had a weird visceral reaction seeing him pop up in this clip. That honestly got more of a reaction from me than the actual preview. :joyful:

Just got back. If you like slow-burners, you'll like this one well-enough. I didn't think it was a theater type of movie, though

Home from seeing Hereditary. I have mixed feelings. It is NOT "the Exorcist of this generation", not even close. On the plus side, the acting was absolutely top notch, the four main characters were superbly cast, and there were some excellent moments of cinematography.

On the minus side, there were gigantic plot holes and inexplicable choices made by the characters. If you don't care whether it makes much sense, and don't mind looking stuff up afterwards to explain who/what the evil entities are, this film has a few genuinely scary moments.

I like that theyre saying fuck the trash sequels. Even still, this trailer nearly put me to sleep. There is not a more played out, boring franchise to be trying to revive.

Id rather have an original horror movie from the talented people putting this one together. So bizarre this is the project theyre tackling. Fucking lame. Waste of some creative indiividuals. Yawn.

The Susperia trailler, which is a remake/revival i also am strongly opposed to, looks vastly more interesting, which surprised me. When it comes to lazy rehashes and remakes and so forth of classic horror movies, i think that's going to be the one that has potential.

I have mixed feelings. It is NOT "the Exorcist of this generation", not even close.

Id hope not. Exorcist is fucking lame, does nothing for me. Not a religious person so the whole, "the devil can possess people and its sooo scary!!!" business holds no threat to me. Cant even force myself to buy into it or get scared by it.

Last edited:
I like that theyre saying fuck the trash sequels. Even still, this trailer nearly put me to sleep. There is not a more played out, boring franchise to be trying to revive.

Id rather have an original horror movie from the talented people putting this one together. So bizarre this is the project theyre tackling. Fucking lame. Waste of some creative indiividuals. Yawn.

I have mixed feelings. It is NOT "the Exorcist of this generation", not even close.

Id hope not. Exorcist is fucking lame, does nothing for me. Not a religious person so the whole, "the devil can possess people and its sooo scary!!!" business holds no threat to me. Cant even force myself to buy into it or get scared by it.

I thought/think The Exorcist is brilliant and mold breaking. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it as a young teen, and I still think it is frightening and extremely well made.

The film earned ten Academy Award nominations, winning Best Sound Mixing and Best Adapted Screenplay. It became one of the highest-grossing films in history, grossing over $441 million worldwide, and was the first horror film to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. In 2010, the Library of Congress selected the film to be preserved as part of its National Film Registry as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

You seem to be in the minority, dear Jack. :)

Even still, this trailer nearly put me to sleep.

I don't judge movies on trailers any longer. Way too many shitty movies came out over the last few years with absolutely awesome trailers, and vice-versa. But the talent behind this one, and the premise, has me interested. While I would take an original, good horror movie over a good, retread horror movie -- I'll take a good horror movie regardless.

My only hesitation with this film is Blumhouse. They've produced some good horror, but they are in the minority of their lineup. They put out a LOT of shit.

I thought/think The Exorcist is brilliant and mold breaking. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it as a young teen, and I still think it is frightening and extremely well made.

The film earned ten Academy Award nominations, winning Best Sound Mixing and Best Adapted Screenplay. It became one of the highest-grossing films in history, grossing over $441 million worldwide, and was the first horror film to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. In 2010, the Library of Congress selected the film to be preserved as part of its National Film Registry as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

You seem to be in the minority, dear Jack. :)

There's a lot of stupidass catholics out there, for sure.

It's well made, dont get me wrong. It deserves its critical acclaim and accolades and the like. I however just cant fathom what is so scary about satan posessing some little girl. Meh. Does nothing for me.

I can buy into/accept demons in a more general/broader sense, i can get into a good ghost/haunted movie, i can buy into aliens and other creatures. But something about the notion that satan can legit possess people, and calling actual priests in and all that and all the specific religious stuff, totally kills it for me and takes me out of things.

and the premise

This, more than the trailer, is what bores me. It IS nice theyre retconning the shit out of it all, however the damage has been done. Just cuz they want to start fresh with a sequel right from the original doesnt change the fact that the franchise has been driven into the dirt, that it could not be more boring at this point. It would take a fucking miracle for someone to geniunely breathe some new life into it, to make me give a shit.

There's a lot of stupidass catholics out there, for sure.

Yep, I'm one of them! :)

But something about the notion that satan can legit possess people, and calling actual priests in and all that and all the specific religious stuff, totally kills it for me and takes me out of things.

It wasn't Satan who possessed the girl in The Exorcist, it was Pazuzu, an ancient Mesopotamian demon.

f7be213b76b6d403b5e4c06694478ed7.jpg

Last edited:
Went in with no expectations whatsoever and came out throughly entertained. Definitely did the original justice, I felt. 8/10

Went in with no expectations whatsoever and came out throughly entertained. Definitely did the original justice, I felt. 8/10
What language is the rest of your original post is in?
Post automatically merged:

If it weren't for the people involved with putting this together, Jamie Lee Curits making a return, and the fact that they are throwing out ALL the Halloween sequels, I would have given this a pass. Now I am interested.

Lorem ipsum tellus praesent aenean gravida porta habitasse, magna congue posuere felis sagittis mi, hac tempus consectetur ligula vulputate orci.

Dui hendrerit tempor habitant fusce turpis viverra donec quisque aenean est, vel aliquam lorem vivamus purus turpis massa vestibulum porttitor, felis sapien ultricies lobortis donec duis dui conubia himenaeos.

Porttitor nibh cursus aliquam curabitur erat arcu placerat eleifend elementum netus ligula at semper congue lacinia, habitasse odio vestibulum pharetra adipiscing ad risus eget fermentum, curabitur curae justo semper tincidunt mi varius.

Eu aliquet suscipit a mattis luctus lobortis sem vehicula, aptent netus pulvinar aliquam senectus torquent lectus, ut suspendisse imperdiet aenean dui etiam conubia tristique suscipit rutrum pellentesque nibh facilisis fermentum, faucibus nulla congue platea condimentum, consequat erat eu habitant hendrerit.

Quisque felis rhoncus etiam posuere nisi purus vestibulum placerat etiam, orci ullamcorper elit tincidunt nisl convallis non elit fusce, molestie etiam magna laoreet viverra nunc auctor viverra taciti ultricies viverra dapibus metus integer lorem bibendum potenti, maecenas lobortis in vel eros morbi vulputate nec tempus, nulla mollis consequat vitae nostra habitant at.View attachment 8728

Nice shift in language

I liked the the sequel that Zombie die and that is about it.

I enjoyed this for what it was, the only problem I had was that I found it a little to predictable and everyone except Curtis was ass ugly.

We will probably get a sequel since it did really good.

I saw it last weekend. Enjoyed it. Jamie Lee Curtis was fantastic (and the main reason I wanted to see it). I have only seen the original long ago and this remake, so the transition was seamless for me. It was actually rather nostalgic, an odd thing to say about a horror movie, because of the many references back to the original film.

Back