• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sweet_misery

20080417144024_medium.jpg

Gustavo Mercado-Murillo

MCMINNVILLE — A judge in Yamhill County has sentenced an illegal immigrant to what’s likely to be a life term in prison for the sexual abuse of preteen children.

Gustavo Mercado-Murillo pleaded no contest Friday to eight felony charges involving three boys and two girls younger than 10. The charges included sodomy, rape and sexual penetration with a foreign object.

Prosecutors believe there were at least twice that many victims from four different families.

Mercado is 31. Judge Cal Tichenor sentenced him to 75 years without the possibility of early release.

His lawyer says Mercado understood there was enough evidence to convict him but does not believe he committed a crime.

The convict has kidney disease and undergoes dialysis procedures that cost about $300,000 a year.

Prosecutor Erin Greenawald said he tortured his victims in unspeakable ways.

“On the spectrum of horrible, this case is on the outer edge,â€￾ she said.

Mercado’s wife, pregnant with the couple’s fourth child, sobbed when defense attorney Janmarie Dielschneider explained the judge’s lengthy sentence.

Through an interpreter, Mercado denied he had actually committed the crimes he pleaded no contest to and said the people who support him know that.

Dielschneider said Mercado understood that pleading no contest was the same as pleading guilty and that there would have been enough evidence for a jury to convict him of more counts.

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.cms.support.viewStory.cls?cid=116125&sid=4&fid=1

Pitiful. They ought to send the medical bills to the stupid people that "support" his child molesting illegal ass. :mad2:

They need to...

...send his illegal ass back to Mexico and see if THEY will fork out for the yearly treatment for a freakin' child molester.
I doubt he would make it 2 years in the Mexico "system".

This is like a hotel for him.

DUMBASS. What kind of demented FUCK doesn't think that raping children is a crime- Hell- The wife is just without a paycheck now and will have to get on welfare or go out and get a job herself--BOO-Hooo...

I feel for ALLLL the kids hurt here-The victims AND his kids:target: that have a piece of crap of a father in prison and will possibly grow up without one.

Pack his ass up and ship him home.
Turn off the damn machine and let him die.
:cheer2:

How come this fucker gets my money for his kidney treatments. My own FIL is on dialysis, and I know it costs a lot. I'd rather give it to people I actually KNOW don't abuse little kids.

And the whole, "I'm pleading guilty, but I swear I'm not" thing...that just irritates me even more. You're guilty, fuck-face. You pleaded guilty, you know what it means, and you're LUCKY you didn't go see a jury for this...just admit you damn well did it instead of making lame excuses (aka "the people that support me know I'm actually innocent").

Hmmm..

Do you think the plea thing is to keep from being "convicted"? Possibly able to earn "good time" in prison so he won't have to serve the whole sentence, day for day?

Just thinking out loud.

I think SOMEONE will have a "good time" with him in prison...
He will have to learn how to be terrorized like he terrorized those poor kids.:crutch:

I think the reason why he did the plea-agreement was so that he could get outta jail for good time, like you said. I think that he did it mainly for that, and because he avoided a few other charges that were against him as well. ("Dielschneider said Mercado understood that pleading no contest was the same as pleading guilty and that there would have been enough evidence for a jury to convict him of more counts") AKA, they had a lot more evidence, and he said screw it...I'd rather give myself up for SOME of it, do SOME time...and then when I get out I can say I only did it cause the courts were trying to screw me yet I'm REALLY innocent.

Back