• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

swivel

Ream Me Up, Scotty
Bold Member!
My wife just called from work and said there is an armed gunman on their campus. Dude was spotted toting a black handgun and wearing a black mask. Probably nothing, but if there is a shooting, or anything crazy, I'll let you guys know.

For now, her and her colleagues have barricaded themselves in the Psych Clinic, including the students who were there at the time.

Tell her that as long as there are no white skinny guys barricaded in there with her, she should be safe.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

holy cats, man. I hope she's okay.

She's fine. She's a skinny target.

I asked her if I should head over there and "Take care of it". She said not to, but it is tempting. It would be cool to get shot in the act of taking the dude down. You would see me on CNN saying, "I just have to thank the guys over at DreaminDemon.com. Best website in the world. Can I give a shout-out to some of my peeps?"

Wife just called back. She is bolting for her car with a large group. I told her to keep her head down and get behind someone she doesn't like.

Sucks to lose my "inside source", but at least I won't have to eat dinner late.

well let us know when she gets out of there safe, dammit, because i am sweating bullets over here worried about her. I mean, if you're not married, what's to stop you from jell-o wrestling?

well let us know when she gets out of there safe, dammit, because i am sweating bullets over here worried about her. I mean, if you're not married, what's to stop you from jell-o wrestling?

Hmmm. Are you pulling for her, or for the gunman!?

She's home. The campus went into "Lockdown" just minutes after she left.

Awesome. Now would be a really bad time to ask her if you can play wrestling, wouldn't it?

Lockdown

OK, y'all, are you talking about the college in Cochran, GA? If not, then today has been a really good day for gunmen on campuses. My best friend's son goes to the Cochran campus of (I think) Georgia College. I was talking to her at about noon today, though, and she told me that the campus was in lockdown mode due to a sighting of an unknown man carrying a firearm. The lockdown lasted for a couple of hours, and was lifted when the suspect was apprehended. No shots were fired, and I don't know any other details at this time.
I just thought that since this was posted later in the afternoon, and the one here happened this morning, that it probably was not the same college; and that it was also quite odd that two colleges, on the same day, where loved ones of DD posters attend/work, would be in lockdown for the same reason. Just wondering. Let me know if it's the same situation, or not, please. Thanks.
--Angel

P.S. Regardless whether it's the same school, Swivel, how's your wife? I hope you are all well.

Different school, which is interesting. I guess this is the new policy post Virginia Tech. Good to see that they have made sweeping changes.

This turned out to be a burglary near campus. Man with a mask and gun was seen. 2-hour lockdown, then return to normal. My wife is fine, thanks for asking.

Back