• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
It never fails to amuse me that every single WTF headline has an article that begins "A Florida man..."
Post automatically merged:

Chitlins is another southern food many folks wouldn't eat either.

I'd try it, but have never had the chance. I love haggis, so the thought of innards isn't a turnoff, I've just never had the opportunity.

Last edited:
Honestly, they're similar to cracklins except made with the intestine. Obviously, they're only good if washed and prepared correctly.

The same was true of my first mother-in-law's kidney pie. She was from jolly old England, so I was introduced to such goodies along with Yorkshire pudding. I tried and failed to replicate her delicious kidney pie, because, even though I thought I had washed them enough I hadn't so it smelled like pee cooking. I threw it out.

no way in hell I could eat that shit.

A small unincorporated town in our county does a Chitlin Hoedown every year in October. The first year they had it I was aobut 7 months pregnant, my ex bought about 5 boxes to take home to folks too lazy to make the 12 mile trip over there, I hung my head out the window all the way home trying not to puke.

You're welcome.

Back