• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I would call it groping, he touched her without her consent, but he kept going and didn't hang around continuing to do it. Drive-by groping. But I do think it is still wrong, to touch anyone without their permission. But not sexual assault, he didn't hurt her.

I would call it groping, he touched her without her consent, but he kept going and didn't hang around continuing to do it. Drive-by groping. But I do think it is still wrong, to touch anyone without their permission. But not sexual assault, he didn't hurt her.
So now you have to be hurt to have it counted as sexual assault? Since my wife was never hurt when she was abused, it's not sexual assault?

I get only rudeness and mischief by the guy taking advantage of her situation and running off.

All unwanted sexual contact is technically sexual assault, but this type of contact is an infraction, with less criminal weight than other types of sexual contact - when factoring in escalating INTENT. It is INTENT to harm (humiliate, control, dominate, and maim) - physically and psychologically - that separates this grope from assaults that involve police, courts and medical intervention.

Is a 3-second grope as evil, as violent, as a father sodomizing and raping his child? Or a date rape, or gang rape, or a rape during a home invasion? Are we really trying to put groping on even ground with that, saying there is no difference in INTENT because it's all sexual assault in the grand scheme of things?

Have we completely lost our ability to see nuances in situations?

Are we really trying to put groping on even ground with that, saying there is no difference in INTENT because it's all sexual assault in the grand scheme of things?

Everything that Kittyskyfish said is what I meant, she is so much more articulate than I am.

That was fast ... at first my position was that she could have moved out of the way, re-asserted her personal boundaries, protected her personal space ... but from the video, she didn't have time for that because she was ambushed ... and felt up ... and he probably left some spit on her cheek. She was groped ... its is sexual assault. If i had her job I would want bouncers ... people that were watching for guys like this, so they were on the ground before they even got to me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ped-female-reporter-air-apologizes/724823002/
A Russian soccer fan who sexually assaulted a female World Cup reporter apologized Thursday in a taped Skype conversation, calling his groping and kissing of Julieth González Therán during a live broadcast last week an "unsuccessful joke."
[....]
The man, who was unnamed in a video posted to Deutsche Welle's website, apologized to González Therán over a Skype call that was captured by the German media outlet after the man reached out expressing regret. He said he did not intend to touch her chest in the taped segment.

"An unsuccessful joke turned into sexual harassment," he told González Therán in Russian over the segmented Skype call. “There has been a stir around this misunderstanding and an unsuccessful joke with a kiss on the cheek turned into sexual harassment. I offer you the most profound apologies. I acted carelessly and did not think that it would cause you confusion and shock.
[....]
González Therán, who said in a statement published earlier Thursday that she did not want to be treated as a "victim," replied to the man. "I appreciate you reached out to me to apologize for your misconduct," she said over Skype. "What happened was unacceptable and disrespectful, but it’s the right thing to do and I accept your apology. ... every single person must be respected, regardless of their religion, their nationality, their background, that’s why we are here. To share with other cultures. It’s not about football, it’s in order to understand other cultures better.”

Deutsche Welle said that no official charges would be brought against the man for his misconduct and it wanted to use the publicity of the incident as a learning opportunity.

Back