• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A CAFE owner has refused to change the name of her business after being told it was “wrong, disgusting, shameful and offensive” in an anonymous letter.

Shelly Harper, who runs the Greedy Pigs sandwich bar and diner on Paley Road, East Bowling, spoke out after receiving the worrying letter last week.

It has since been shared on social media, leading people to hit out at its message.

The letter says: “I am writing to you to inform you we as a whole community are extremely concerned about the name of your shop’s trade or the sign board. The name Greedy PIGS is extremely wrong, disgusting, shameful and offensive to the passer-bys and community.

“Please immediately change the name of your shop to something else which is not offensive. There is no need to call it Greedy Pigs.

"Use common sense. That’s not how you should be naming a shop. Not everyone in the communities believes in the same thing as you and not everyone agrees nor appreciates silly shop names as the one you have put up outside your shop.”

It adds: “So the first thing you need to do is change that stupid name from the shop’s sign board and get rid of the pictures of the pigs. Not everyone finds the name Greedy Pigs or the pictures of pigs to be pleasant and not everyone consumes pork and pig products.”

The letter, signed Regards: from the community, continues its diatribe and then advises on how the handling of food could be improved “in order to attract customers from a halal diet and vegetarian diet backgrounds”.

Continue reading at link

So who's in the wrong here? No one; I think the name is clever, and it has a special meaning to the owner. This is just more BS about someone not liking something in this age and pushing their "boo hoo I am upset about your words" on the owner.

Well, you know, you ain't gotta eat there, go on down to your vegetarian, halal, taste free restaurant. Just keep walking, I know the folks at the Greedy Pigs would appreciate it.

There a place here called the Oink Joint, the best barbeque pork around. I don't go to Korean or Thai places because they're too spicy for me, so I go to the Oink Joint. See what I did, I just kept walking. Works every time.

Back