• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Disney World may be the most magical place on Earth, but it turned into a legal nightmare for a great-grandmother with arthritis.

A 69-year-old woman was arrested at a Disney World checkpoint when an Orange County Deputy found CBD oil in her purse. She then spent 12 hours behind bars before being released on a $2,000 bond.

Hester Jordan Burkhalter, a great-grandmother from North Carolina, began using CBD oil for her arthritis after her doctor recommended it, Fox 35 in Orlando reported. She even had a note from the medical professional in her purse at the time of arrest, but it didn’t matter.

Burkhalter told Fox 35 that she had been planning on the trip for two years. “I have really bad arthritis in my legs, in my arms and in my shoulder,” she said. “I use (CBD oil) for the pain because it helps.” When she was stopped by security outside of the Magic Kingdom, however, she was arrested. “I’ve never had one speeding ticket in my life.”

Despite the fact that it’s sold on store shelves across the state, CBD oil is still technically illegal in the state of Florida (unless the user has a prescription). This has created a confusing situation in the Sunshine State.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/great-grandmother-with-cbd-oil-arrested-at-disney-world/

This is outrageous. There is little to no THC in CBD oil! They need to get their shit together asap. I myself just bought my first attempt at CBD oil in capsules for my rheumatoid arthritis, bought on line from Colorado. And my dr. recommended it. The thought that I could be busted with a felony charge for having just one capsule on me pisses me off royally. I would probably mouth off and get busted for disorderly conduct as well.

Busts skyrocketed at DFW Airport, too, from travelers bringing their CBD oil with them. Laws need to be amended asap to resolve these issues. Better yet, legalize it across the board. Be sure you know all the ins and outs about this before you travel with your CBD.

As Texas legislators work towards possibly making CBD legal in the state, confiscation of the oil by federal officers has "skyrocketed" this year at DFW Airport, NBC 5 Investigates has learned.

In some cases, passengers have been jailed on felony drug possession charges for a single bottle of CBD.
[....]
But at North Texas' busiest airport, the fourth largest in the country, customs officers will detain international travelers, and seize their CBD, if a quick field test shows it to contain even a small trace of THC -- the ingredient in marijuana that produces a high.
[....]

https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Traveling-With-CBD-Could-Land-You-in-Jail-509075341.html

The stupidest thing of all is that the majority of people are applying it topically, not taking it internally. There is zero potential "high" or "buzz" so treating it like an illegal drug is idiotic.

I'm mostly curious about how she's a great grandmother. Is she from an entire line of 14 year old mothers, or did she find the Fountain of Youth?
Wouldn't that be the kicker if it was the CBD Oil that was keeping her from looking like a great grandmother.

Just think of the stink then!

If she is 69 and a great grandmother, then theoretically the average upper limit on motherhood for each generation would be about 23.

She becomes a mother at 23
She becomes a grandmother at 46
She becomes a great grandmother at 69.

That's the upper limit.

If the age was closer to 18, then mother at 18, grandma at 36, great grandma at 54, with the youngest generation about 15 now...

(BTW, http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-living-generations-(ever)/ shows the record is 7 generations alive at one time in a family...)

The stupidest thing of all is that the majority of people are applying it topically, not taking it internally. There is zero potential "high" or "buzz" so treating it like an illegal drug is idiotic.

Most take the drops orally. Potential for high's or buzz's has nothing to do with the drug being illegal or legal. Your way of thinking is way too rational. Don't try to think like LE/lawmakers, you might get hurt.

Back