• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
A Calif. convenience store became an unwilling drive-in when a 74-year-old woman plowed her car through the front window and then tried to buy a six-pack of Budweiser, police and the owner said.

Lynne Rice of Norwalk drove her 1988 Cadillac into Joe's Food Mart and Video on Sunday evening, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Jenny Ha said.

The car plowed about halfway through the store but nobody was injured. Rice got out of the car, walked over to the cooler and pulled out a six-pack of Budweiser beer, said the store owner, who gave only his last name, Awada, to the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"I don't know how she managed to walk," Awada said, adding a cashier declined the sale and instead called police.

Rice was taken to a hospital for examination because she had a pre-existing medical condition, Ha said.

She was also arrested for investigation of misdemeanor driving under the influence and released on $15,000 bail, authorities said.

Awada said the crash destroyed two 6-foot-wide glass panels. Damage was put at about $8,000.

http://www.caller.com/news/2008/jul/02/woman-crashes-store-then-tries-buy-beer/

Damn....I'm thinking that maybe grandma doesn't need any more beer. :wacko:

Wow, she must have been in some kind of hurry. I find it funny that she got out of the car like nothing was out of the ordinary and still tried to buy her beer.

OMG, screaming with laughter! I want more details, because I would love to see this on the front page!!!

LA county doesn't post mugs but I got her booking sheet. Also got a picture of Joe's before the accident.

rice.jpg

joes.jpg

Granny should have been in Indiana, we have drive thru's in several different locations!!

Seriously, you drive your car right through and tell the attendant what you want and he gets it for you..they are really kind of cool, especially if you don't feel like going in anywhere.

Damn granny..you fucked up the caddie..I have a 1990 in mint condition..so I find that disturbing!!

Back