• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Police are investigating after a 5-year-old girl was found dead inside a closet in Northwest Houston.

The call was made at 3 p.m. at Quail Creek Apartment after the child's grandmother made the discovery, police said.

"It's very troubling no matter how the child died whether it was accidental or intentional death for a body to be in a closet for several days it's just pretty unthinkable," said Lt. Larry Crowson.

Family members were visiting the child's home and during the visit, discovered the child dead in the closet, police said.

"The information we have right now is that the body appears to have been deceased for several days," said Crowson.

HPD's dispatch told KPRC that the child suffered chemical burns but investigators on the scene could not confirm that information.

"That's one of the things we heard, we just don't know at this point until we get the autopsy," Crowson said.

Police said it was unclear whether the child's death was accidental or intentional.

The mother was taken in for questioning. No arrests have been made.

Homicide is investigating the scene. The child's autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, according to the medical examiner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
"Why would I give that girl a bath? said Esparza. "I didn't give that girl a bath. Would you let me give your daughter a bath? No, right? Then why would I give her daughter a bath?"
A broken clock is right twice a day.

There's no way a boyfriend would give my daughter a bath or my son for that matter.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Five-year-old Sierra Patino was "everything" to Priscilla Torres, she said from the Harris County jail in an exclusive interview.

“She was my world,” Torres said. “I would never hurt my little girl.”

Three weeks ago, Torres and Patino moved in with her boyfriend, Santiago Esparza, she said.

She said they had been together for about a month

“I wish I never would have went with him,” Torres said. “Then I would still have her.”

When Torres was about to get Patino ready for bed Friday night, Aug. 23, she said Esparza insisted on bathing the little girl.

“If we’re going to live together, you need to let me do this,” Torres said Esparza told her. “You need to trust me.”

Torres said she agreed as long as Esparza would leave the door open. But moments later, Torres said she heard her daughter scream from the shower and the door was locked.

“He wouldn’t open it,” Torres said. “I knocked three different times.”

Esparza opened the door several minutes later and Patino was calm, wrapped in a towel, with red, peeling skin on her chin and a bruise on her forehead.

Torres said her daughter hardly ate and hardly spoke a word for the next three days and vomited occasionally.

“I was scared to call anyone," Torres said.

Torres claimed Esparza told her to dress Patino’s body, then he hid it in his closet on top of a pile of clothes and under a blanket.

Then, "He said we should go for a drive,” she added.

Esparza refused to let Torres call the police over the next several days and told her they should run away to Mexico, she said.

Torres said when she eventually insisted on telling police about Patino's death, she said Esparza convinced her to lie and tell officers she had bathed her daughter that night.

“But then I decided to tell them the truth,” Torres said.

Torres said the truth is that Esparza bathed Patino and probably hurt her, that he hid the body and tried to cover it up and suggested they flee the country.

I guess your everything (daughter) did not come before your pussy since you let a man you barely know bathe her.