• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Henrico County grandfather has been indicted in connection to the shooting death of his 5-year-old granddaughter in October.

A Henrico grand jury indicted 58-year-old Victor Frank Covelli on child neglect/abuse of a child causing serious injury, a class 5 felony.

Police say his seven-year-old grandson found a gun and accidentally shot and killed the girl inside Covelli's Highland Springs home on October 8, 2018.

Investigators say the gun was left in an unlocked desk drawer in the home. Covelli told CBS 6 that he had the gun in his bedroom desk drawers because of recent break-ins in the area and that his house had been hit several times.
https://wtvr.com/2019/01/18/henrico-grandfather-indicted-in-shooting-death-of-granddaughter/
1548240083218.png

I don't understand why people don't talk to their children about gun safety ... we teach them about warning labels so they don't drink bleach,and to look both ways before crossing the street, and not to run with scissors ... I just don't get it.

I didn't even know we had guns in the house until I was 10 and I had to take a hunters safety course and display proper caring and understanding before I ever got the gun in my hand let alone get my ass in the woods

The 7 year old has the gun and is now calling the shots.
Grammy! Homemade cookies...NOW!

I very rarely throw the race card around here but I find it funny that the White grandpa is found not guilty while the Black, I guess surrogate, grandfather is.

Maybe there is more background not known but things like this will always give people reason to think that the justice system is racist.

Back