• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Great idea. Then everyone should get surveillance cameras and microphones installed throughout their homes so the authorities can make sure everyone is behaving themselves...Oh, everyone needs a GPS tracker surgically implanted too.... in case anyone goes missing. You know, I think we have just solved crime forever!

I sincerely dont grasp how merely having access to DNA profiles is akin to something as intrusive as having your every move on camera or tracked. Absurd and idiotic comment from you.

I sincerely dont grasp how merely having access to DNA profiles is akin to something as intrusive as having your every move on camera or tracked. Absurd and idiotic comment from you.

If you can't grasp the parallels between the government having a database of the genetic profiles of every citizen (law-abiding or not) and overly intrusive surveillance, I sincerely thank you for sharing with us all your lack of mental acuity.

Last edited:
If you can't grasp the parallels between the government having a database of the genetic profiles of every citizen (law-abiding or not) and overly intrusive surveillance, I sincerely thank-you for sharing with us all your lack of mental acuity.

I didnt say they should operate a database(although anyone and everyone arrested for a crime should have theirs taken and filed).

I merely said that it is fucking awesome how they are utilizing these DNA/geneology services and companies to track familiar DNA and crack cases, and that everyone should utilize such services in order to give authorities a ready and plentiful supply of DNA to work off of for this purpose.

I see nothing intrusive whatsoever about some random detective being able to go to some website and see who I'm related to or see if my DNA matches that of some rapist or murderer theyre lookin for. How does that effect me in the slightest? I sincerely see close to no paralell whatsoever between that and my every move being tracked with GPS or my every move being surveilled.

Every single law abiding person in AMerica should pay for a test and agree to make the results open to public, even if you have zero interest in geneology or finding distant relatives or even close relatives you dont know about .Never know if someone in your family somewhere down the line is a criminal.

You were advocating for the compilation of a complete database of the genetic make-up of every citizen so the government can have access to it for the purposes of tracking down criminals. Can you not see how 'big brother' that is?

Hey Jack, I wrote you a haiku.

You gave me a crap,
a smart rejoinder for sure,
shows your intellect.

Last edited:
Great idea. Then everyone should get surveillance cameras and microphones installed throughout their homes

Like at our house ... the cameras actually make me nervous, It just makes me feel like I'm in danger all the time.

After they were installed ... a truck stopped in front of our house, and just sat there, and I was scared that someone was going to get out and

shoot us on the lawn ... I vividly remember grabbing his arm and asking him if we were going to get shot.

I ask him all the time ... Are we in Danger ... is some one going to try and kill us. He laughs at me ... says NO!

I'm not quite sure i believe him ... but I believe I'm loved and that he would avenge my death, if it ever happened.

I know this tech is supposed to make you feel safe ... but if we were safe, would we need it ???

@Satanica
An Indiana man was sentenced to 80 years in prison for the 1988 abduction, rape and killing of 8-year-old April Tinsley.

Allen County Judge John Surbeck sentenced 59-year-old John D. Miller to 50 years for murder and 30 years for child molestation on Friday after he pleaded guilty on December 7.

He only spoke to state his name in a 'strong by shaky voice' to a packed court room where every chair was filled and spectators stood at the back where there was no sitting room.

WPTA.com reported April's cousin told him she uses the word human loosely when she describes him and referred to him as an animal during a statement in court.

Christina Snyder ended her speech by looking directly at him to say: 'Burn in hell you monster.'

Many of April's family members spoke in court Friday.

The girl was abducted on April 1, 1988. She had been sexually assaulted and strangled.

Her case was closed more than 30 years after the little girl's body was found in a ditch on Dekalb County Road by a jogger.

It was about 20 miles (32 kilometers) away from her Fort Wayne neighborhood three days after she was snatched and she had been dead due to suffocation for at least two days.

April had been playing with friends outside when she told them she'd left her umbrella at one of their houses. She said she would collect it and come back. She never did.

A witness at the time told police that a man in his 30s had yelled at April from a blue pickup truck and then pulled her inside.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-59-sentenced-80-years-prison-30-YEARS.html

Back