• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

LFODBiker

Trusted Member
Found here -

Emphasis mine -

https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/man-w...an-ceo-jumps-to-his-death-from-carlyle-hotel/
...Nicolas DeMeyer, 41, jumped from the 33rd floor of the famed hotel on East 76th Street at Madison Avenue around 2:30 p.m., authorities said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hotel staff had been alerted by his sister that he was sending alarming texts saying he might kill himself over the case, police sources said. When security forced open his door, he was naked and sitting on the window sill.

He smiled at them and then jumped, sources said, his body striking a 17th floor balcony with such force that half of him landed on a terrace two floors below, the sources said.

At roughly the same time, DeMeyer was scheduled to plead guilty before a Manhattan federal judge to stealing $1.2 million worth of rare wines from wealthy financier David Solomon, who has since become the CEO of the world-famous Wall Street investment firm.

The feds say DeMeyer used at least some of the money he made from selling the pricey bottles for a 14-month, globe-trotting adventure, including stops in Rome and Casablanca, before he finally got caught at JFK airport in January.

The feds say DeMayer, an art history major, had been working as Solomon’s household assistant helping to shuttle the Wall Streeter’s vintage vino from Manhattan to his massive wine cellar in East Hampton when he concocted a scheme to steal as many of 500 bottles...

his body striking a 17th floor balcony with such force that half of him landed on a terrace two floors below

Oh good god, what a mess!

I looked at the building on google maps 3D view and yeah... Doesn't matter what side he fell from, hitting either a in-window AC unit or an outside balcony unit after a 16 floor drop...

That must have been one hell of a mess.

I have the utmost respect for nude suicide leapers.
It takes a level of brashness seen no place else.
Bravi, bravi, bravisimi!

Latest posts

Back