• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An alleged drunk driver has been arrested after she struck and killed six-year-old twin sisters who were playing next to their family's fireworks stand.

Angelica Garcia, 36, is accused of drunkenly driving through a barricade off Highway 80 in Odessa, Texas on Wednesday night.

The two little girls, Mia and Mya Coy, were playing together close to the fireworks stand when they were struck by Garcia's car.

Police say Garcia only stopped when she crashed into a large trailer.

The sisters were rushed to the Medical Center Hospital where they were both pronounced dead.

No one else was injured in the crash, according to police.

Officers said Garcia was drunk and they arrested her at the scene.

The parents of the girls, Raul and Agueda Coy, said their daughters did everything together.

'God allowed these precious angels to enter this world together to exit together too,' they said.

'These babies did almost everything together. They had a whole life ahead of them but that was taken away.

Last edited:
Self absorbed bitch! She should be required to assist in the burial of these babies. Make her wash and dress them for burial, make her lie their tiny bodies in the caskets. Make her dig the graves with nothing but a shovel. Then, once they are laid to rest, lock her up, and never let her out.

A Midland woman sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing twin girls in an alcohol-related crash three years ago was denied a new trial Friday and did not have her sentence reduced either.

Angelica Garcia was sentenced June 9 to two consecutive 20-year prison sentences in the July 3, 2019 deaths of Mia and Mya Coy. The 34-year-old pleaded guilty to two counts of intoxicated manslaughter on the second day of her trial and left her sentencing up to the jury.
The jurors opted to give her two, 20-year sentences and Judge Denn Whalen of the Ector County 70th District Court opted to run the sentences consecutively instead of concurrently.

Standing in front of a couple dozen loved ones of the victims, defense attorney Michael McLeaish asked Whalen to reconsider Garcia's sentence saying he was "devastated and angry" following the sentencing hearing.
A murderer who intentionally kills is evil, McLeaish said. His client is not evil despite what people are saying on social media, he said.

Up until July 3, 2019, Garcia was a happily married woman of two without a criminal record, he said. On that night she had too much to drink and made a horrible decision to drive, he said.

"It could be my wife sitting here. It could be half of the jury. It would be you. It could be me. It could be Ms. Williams," McLeaish said, referring to Assistant District Attorney Melissa Williams.

As for his motion for a new trial, McLeaish argued in his written motion that the statute Whalen used when sentencing Garcia "is unconstitutional in that it deprives this defendant of her right to trial by jury, including her right to be sentenced by a jury pursuant to her election filed prior to trial." He reiterated that argument Thursday.
McLeaish informed the judge his client would be pursuing her right to appeal.

<<<"It could be my wife sitting here. It could be half of the jury. It would be you. It could be me. It could be Ms. Williams," McLeaish said, referring to Assistant District Attorney Melissa Williams.

McLeaish just insulted everyone in that courtroom, plus his own wife. If I were her, at that point our marriage would have lasted a lot longer than it's going to last.

Angelica Garcia should only get to see her two children again when Mia and Mya come back from the grave. In the meantime, lock her in a cell with wall-to-wall cases of her booze of choice and let her have at it until her liver screams for mercy.

Low bow to Judge Whalen for sticking to his guns regarding the sentence.

RIP Mia and Mya :arghh:

For killing these two babies, she feels her sentence is too harsh and unfair? Hell, I don't think it's fair that she only got 40yrs. It isn't fair these beautiful babies had to die because you wanted to party and put your drunk ass behind the wheel of your car. Shut up and accept your light punishment.. God knows, you deserve more than what you got.

Back