• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman has been jailed for life for the murder of her girlfriend, who had been beaten for years by her partner and had lost contact with her young daughter.

Becky Reid, 32, was ordered to serve a minimum of 20 years after being convicted on Thursday by a jury of the murder of Lyndsey Vaux, 30, following a six-week trial at Manchester crown court.

Reid refused to leave her cell at HMP Styal on Friday to face sentencing.

Vaux died in Wigan on 22 May last year, half-starved and severely injured following years of beatings by Reid, after falling under her control and losing contact with her daughter five years ago.

Vaux had been a happy and healthy woman before meeting Reid, described as a controlling bully, in 2011.

Reid was also convicted of grievous bodily harm against a previous partner, Samantha Newns.

Her mother, Gillian Reid, 57, was cleared of murder, but was found guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm to Newns.

She was given a 12-month jail sentence suspended for 12 months.

The judge told her that although she had been cleared of murder she bore a “significant degree of moral blame” for Vaux’s death.

Reid regularly kicked, punched and stamped on her victim, leaving her “looking like the elephant man”.

Neighbours, shopkeepers and other witnesses told how Vaux was often seen being dragged by her hair and assaulted as Reid screamed abuse at her in the streets around their home in Platt Bridge.

Vaux was often sent by Reid limping into the streets in the rain to go begging and scrounging to get money for scratchcards, “smoke and cans” to feed her alcohol and cannabis habits. If she did not bring back enough money she would be beaten.

In the final months before her death Vaux appeared downtrodden, malnourished and constantly bruised.

One neighbour told jurors she “looked like she was dead already”, another said Vaux looked as if she had been in a car accident, and others told how she was seen “literally devouring” food she had recovered from bins.

Jurors heard that on one occasion Reid kicked Vaux hard in the face at their home for putting salad on her burger.

On 22 May last year she suffered a final “massive battering” that proved fatal.

A postmortem revealed she had suffered 90 separate injuries following years of abuse by Reid.

Experts concluded she died from the combined effects of multiple injuries over several months. Reid denied using any violence against Vaux.
1568341864974.png
1568341884524.png
1568341893671.png

What horrid, revolting people, who abused this girl.
I've been in the position of being shoved out the front door with a black eye, half clothed, and told to return with cigarettes and a 16 ounce Rolling Rock, somehow.
The alternatives were sleep on the street, or receive my very own near death experience. Accompanied by him at top volume accusing me of beating him. (always thinking, that mofo)
One time I had to call the paramedics for a breathing issue, and one responder said to another-"Oh no, he's beaten her again"
He went to jail, and when he got out I was another state away.
He is now a shot-out homeless individual. I'm certain he gets his own near death experiences in the alleys of Long Beach City, and he's fuck out of cigarettes.

Vicious thing looks like Gollum in a toupee.
What horrid, revolting people, who abused this girl.
I've been in the position of being shoved out the front door with a black eye, half clothed, and told to return with cigarettes and a 16 ounce Rolling Rock, somehow.
The alternatives were sleep on the street, or receive my very own near death experience. Accompanied by him at top volume accusing me of beating him. (always thinking, that mofo)
One time I had to call the paramedics for a breathing issue, and one responder said to another-"Oh no, he's beaten her again"
He went to jail, and when he got out I was another state away.
He is now a shot-out homeless individual. I'm certain he gets his own near death experiences in the alleys of Long Beach City, and he's fuck out of cigarettes.
Yer safe now though right?

My soul hurts for that poor woman.
I’m glad the police said something about all the people that saw this donkey dick beating its girlfriend and did nothing. Not 1 person said anything.
Humanity failed you. We are sorry.

This is one of those stories I will remember forever.

I dont blame any of the neighbors. We don't know if they didnt intervene or not. The "victim" chose to stay. You can't help someone who doesn't want help. Some people like the dramatic.

It obviously wasn’t them that killed her, but they could have played a big part in saving her.
How could she feel brave enough and worthy enough (when her mindset was so badly abused as well) to leave when the people who’ve known about her and her situation for so long, wouldn’t even stick up for her.

Edit- and I hope they all feel like shit about this for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Back