• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A wheelchair-bound girl rolled off a pier in the US Virgin islands and into the ocean — prompting two men to jump in after her, with the heroic rescue caught on video.

The girl, a passenger on the Carnival Fascination cruise ship, was with her family during a stopover on St. Thomas last week when cruise-line officials say she accidentally fell into the water in her wheelchair as it was being pushed by a relative.

Her rescuers leaped into the water, got her out of her wheelchair and helped get a lifesaver around her. The girl is seen in the video being pulled up to the pier with the help of the two men and Carnival staffers.

An NBC report identified the heroic men as Kashief Hamilton and pal Randolph Donovan, who said he works as a stilt dancer for the local tourism bureau.

“I jumped straight in the water from the dock,” Donovan said. “I removed her from the wheelchair because I didn’t want the wheelchair to sink with her in it.”

Hamilton, a DJ with the bureau, said he jumped in because he was worried Donovan might be trouble.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/18/girl-in-wheelchair-rescued-by-stilt-dancer-after-plunging-into-ocean/

I saw this on a YouTube travel vlog yesterday. The man presenting the story says he's going there next year and plans on taking a reward that he has saved up and plans on giving it to these guys. He's taking their photo with him and fully intends to look for and find them. It's not the first time dock-side performers have saved a life either.

Back