• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A girl died Monday after she was hit by her father's golf ball at a Utah course.

The 6-year-old's father was about 20 yards away when he teed off, sending the ball straight at the golf cart where his daughter was sitting, The Salt Lake Tribune reports.

"He mishit the ball," Orem Police Lt. Trent Colledge told Gephardt Daily. "It’s a terrible, tragic accident."

Police received a call about the injured girl around 10:25. a.m. When they arrived at The Links at Sleepy Ridge, paramedics were already on scene to treat the girl.

An Orem Police spokesman said the girl suffered a head injury in the incident and was taken to a hospital by ambulance. She was then flown to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City in extremely critical condition.

“Sincere condolences go out to the family. We are not investigating this as anything other than an accident,” Colledge said.

Authorities are not releasing the names of the father and daughter.

How dreadful. I used to go out on the course with my dad when I was a little all the time. He was a pretty decent player and I was proud to be out there. I'm sure nobody could ever have foreseen something like this.

A 6-year-old Utah girl was tragically killed when an errant golf ball hit by her dad struck her in the back of the neck, according to a report.

Aria Hill was sitting in a golf cart on the cart path at the Links at Sleepy Ridge in Orem on Monday when her dad hit the ball that took her life, authorities told local station KSL.

The girl was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition and then transferred to a children’s hospital, where she died later that night, police Lt. Trent Colledge told the station.

The golf cart was not positioned directly behind or in front of Aria’s dad — it was between 45 and 90 degrees to his left, Colledge said.

Full Story:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/6-year-old-girl-killed-in-freak-golf-course-accident/

Back