• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A north suburban Waukegan girl who was hospitalized last week died of child abuse injuries and her death has been ruled a homicide, officials have determined.

Skylar Mendez, 4, died Sunday at Lurie Children's Hospital, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. An autopsy Wednesday found she died of multiple injuries caused by child abuse and her death was ruled a homicide.

The girl's mother and 19-year-old Johnathan Fair brought Skylar to Vista Medical Center East on Dec. 13 after she suffered a head injury at their apartment,

Officers were initially told the girl fell, but an investigation determined her injuries were caused by physical abuse, police said. Fair was identified as the boyfriend of the girl's mother, who wasn't home at the time the Skylar was injured.

Fair was taken into custody and charged with aggravated battery to a child, police said.
https://abc7chicago.com/boyfriend-of-waukegan-mom-charged-in-4-year-olds-death/4930990/
1545428410106.png

Last edited:
Another parent who would decided way too late that having a child would cramp their lifestyle..

An Illinois man accused of fatally beating a 4-year-old girl after she spilled juice on his Xbox last month is facing life in prison, authorities said.

Prosecutors have indicted Johnathan Fair, 19, on four counts of first-degree murder, according to the Lake County News-Sun.

Skylar Mendez, the daughter of Fair’s girlfriend, died a few days after she was rushed to the hospital in what police eventually concluded was a homicide case, the Daily Herald reported.

Fair initially told cops she was injured after a fall.

Doctors found signs of previous physical abuse, Assistant State’s Attorney Steve Scheller told the News-Sun.

The alleged beating caused swelling in Mendez’s brain that doctors were unable to relieve.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/man-accused-of-fatally-beating-girl-who-spilled-juice-on-his-xbox/

I wonder where the mother was while her daughter was being beaten to death.

If I was a working single mother the last thing i would do is allow some dust mite to sit in my house and play video games while I am working.

That little girl was old enough to tell her mom what was going on and probably knew he was abusing her daughter.
Assistant State’s Attorney Steve Scheller said on Thursday that authorities plan to seek life in prison for Fair because of the alleged ‘heinous’ circumstances.

Scheller said that on the night of December 13, Fair was babysitting Skylar Mendez, the four-year-old daughter of his girlfriend.

The young girl spilled juice on Fair’s Xbox. Prosecutors allege that he punished her in response.

Fair then took the girl to the hospital. He told doctors that the girl fell and hit her head.

But in statements to police, Fair acknowledged that he shook the girl ‘really hard’ and beat her as punishment for spilling the juice, according to prosecutors.

Authorities say Fair kicked Skylar down the hallway numerous times.

Fair rushed the girl to hospital after she passed out during the attack.

Doctors at Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago tried to relieve swelling in Skylar’s brain, but were not successful, according to prosecutors.

Authorities said doctors noticed signs of physical abuse, including violent shaking, that likely stretched back months.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...irlfriends-daughter-4-spilled-juice-Xbox.html

Last edited:
She looks like the sweetest, timid, quiet little soul, and you know she died terrified and confused. How many of these douche canoes have we had that lose their temper over a fricken video game? How fucked do you have to be that a video game is worth more than a child's life? Apparently more than their own life too, since they end up in prison for life.... over a video game. I just don't get it... I love my PS4 but I can't comprehend ever valuing it over any life... adult, child, animal or otherwise. How does that even work??

Illinois prosecutors say they will seek a natural life sentence for a teenager accused of fatally beating a 4-year-old after she spilled juice on his Xbox.

Johnathan Fair, 19, and the child’s mother took the girl, Skyler Mendez, to the hospital in December, where officials were told she had a head injury from a fall, Waukegan police said. Skyler died at Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago within 48 hours of the alleged fall after she had surgery to treat swelling in her brain, according to state prosecutors.

But the severity of the child’s injuries prompted an investigation, and police determined that the girl had been physically abused, according a police statement. The girl’s mother was not at the home, located about 40 miles north of Chicago, when the incident occurred.

Fair — whom police identified as the boyfriend of the child’s mother — was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday on four counts of first-degree murder, the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office said.

The young man admitted to investigators that the child hadn’t actually fallen, Assistant State’s Attorney Steve Scheller told The Washington Post on Monday. Instead, Fair acknowledged that he was with Skyler on Dec. 13 when the toddler spilled juice on an Xbox console and played with the stove, and he responded by severely shaking and striking her, Scheller said.

Fair also said he kicked Skyler down a hallway in the home, Scheller said. The attack rendered the girl unconscious. Scheller said the state will seek natural life in prison for Fair, which grants no possibility of parole, because of the “brutal and heinous” nature of the alleged beating.

Doctors also found bruising on the girl’s body and injuries to her brain, which may be indicative of older incidents of abuse, Scheller said.

“It’s a sad case,” he added.

Fair’s attorney, Sam Amirante, did not immediately return a phone call requesting comment Monday — but he told the Associated Press on Sunday that his client deserves the presumption of innocence. He did not comment on the allegation that the girl’s death was sparked by the spilled juice.

“When the real facts come out, he will be acquitted,” Amirante told the AP.

A GoFundMe for funeral expenses set up in the girl’s name by her relatives originally said that Skyler had suffered a tragic accident.

In an update, however, the organizers wrote that they had learned “a monster” had killed their niece.

“We just found out that this was no tragic accident. Our sweet angels life was taken from us by a heartless human being,” Cecilia Villalpando wrote. “Just adding more pain into our lives knowing that someone took our babygirl. We greatly appreciate your donations and support.”

Fair’s arraignment is scheduled for Feb. 17.

full

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...pilled-juice-his-xbox/?utm_term=.c0fb7fc2deba

duckduckgo.com
Here's another vote for Duck Duck Go. If you use it to find out who sells fertilizer in your region, you will not find yourself besieged with offers to buy gardening tools and garden seeds and landscape services and tree removal.

--Al

My stepdad is the head of the technology department at a CC around where I live. He and all his tech dorks swear by Duck Duck Go.

Johnathan Fair, 24, was sentenced to 22 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to murdering a 4-year-old girl who accidentally spilled juice on his video game system in Waukegan.
Police said Fair, who was 19 at the time, and the 4-year-old girl were alone in their apartment at the time of the incident. The girl’s mother was not home.
Court documents show Fair grabbed Skyler and shook, hit and kicked her.

Prosecutors said the attack was the result of the child accidentally spilling juice on his Xbox gaming system.

Skylar was in critical condition at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and died days later on December 16, 2018.

An autopsy conducted by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office showed that she died from multiple injuries caused by child abuse. Her death was ruled a homicide.
Lake County Judge D. Christopher Lombardo approved the plea and sentenced Fair to 22 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections, which was agreed to in the plea agreement.

The sentence is being served at 100% and Fair is receiving credit for 999 days of time already served.
Lombardo recommended in his sentencing order that Fair be placed in a mental health or substance abuse program in prison.

State records show Fair is projected to be paroled from the Lawrence Correctional Center in June 2044.

What a dumb ass you are losing 22 years of your life over a stupid game when you could have just broken up with the woman or refused to look after her child.

Back