• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police say the 16-year-old jumped off the roof of a building after 69% of respondents picked "death" in her poll

Authorities in Malaysia have launched an investigation after a teenage girl was found to have taken her own life after starting an Instagram poll asking users to vote for life or death.

The unnamed 16-year-old posed the question to users on Monday, saying: "Really important, help me choose: D/L."

Hours later, the teenager jumped to her death from the roof of a building in the east Malaysia state of Sarawak.

District police chief Aidil Bolhassan said 69% of respondents at the time of her death had selected "D". However, Instagram maintains that the poll ended after 24 hours with 88% of her followers choosing "L".

Mr Bolhassan said the results may have changed during the 24-hour period that the poll was active as more people learned of her fate.

Full Story:

Why would anyone let others decide this for them? The most important decision of your life, literally, and you need online input rather than making it yourself? Sorry if this sounds cruel, but someone this lacking was probably not going to make much of a contribution to society anyway.

My heart aches for her, she was so misguided and so alone during her last hours, proven by the fact that that she had to resort to asking "netizens" for advice. I wish she had had someone with some good life advice to turn to, even someone to just talk to/someone to listen to her, may have prevented this tragedy. It's horrible to think so many people are in her same situation, but more so the young people of today.

I hope she is finally at peace.

Back