• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawsuit-challenges-parole-denial-brinks-185351533.html

Lawyers for the getaway driver in a deadly 1981 Brinks robbery have filed a lawsuit challenging the New York parole board's denial of her prison release.

The board denied parole for Judith Clark in April, and its appeals unit affirmed the decision last week.

Attorneys Michael Cardozo and Steven Zeidman say the board violated its guidelines and ignored Clark's many accomplishments during her three decades in prison. They filed the lawsuit Tuesday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan, seeking to overturn the board's parole denial.

Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo (KWOH'-moh) praised Clark's behavior as a prisoner when he commuted her sentence last December.

Clark is serving 75 years to life for the suburban New York heist, which led to the deaths of two police officers and a security guard. She'll be eligible for parole again in 2019.

Really a lawsuit because they think you are still a danger to society. The fact of the lawsuit proves you don't accept all responsibility for what you did.

You were involved in a crime. Three people died as a result of that crime. Shut the fuck up.

@cubby @Satanica @Brillig @Sejanus
Former Weather Underground radical Judith Clark will soon be a free woman.

The New York State Parole Board on Wednesday granted early release to Clark, who drove the getaway car in the infamous Oct. 20, 1981, Brink’s robbery in Rockland County in which two state cops and a security guard were killed.

The three victims were Officers Edward O’Grady and Waverly Brown of the Nyack Police Department and security guard/driver Peter Paige.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo initially granted Clark clemency in 2016, citing her “exceptional strides in self-development” at Bedford Hills prison, making her eligible for parole.

But the board rejected her release in 2017.

An activist who spearheaded a public campaign for Clark’s release applauded the new decision.

“Justice has finally been served, overdue but realized. We hope Judith Clark’s release opens up the gates to other women and men who have been amply rehabilitated. Let this be the start of real reform for the Parole Board,” said Allen Roskoff, president of the Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club.

Without Cuomo’s commutation of her 75-year-to-life sentence, Clark, 69, would not have been eligible for parole until 2056.

The board in April 2017 unanimously denied Clark’s release from prison.

She has an extensive criminal record predating her involvement in the Brinks job. She was considered unrepentant at her sentencing hearing when she described herself as being at war with America.
All the pictures in the world with her smiling with an adorable dog don't turn Grandma Getaway into somebody I would be happy to live next door to.
She should drop Behind Bars.

What was the point to sentence her to 75 to life. 2 dead cops and 1 dead security guard warrats the 75 to life.

I think we should start voting on these criminals. We wouldn't need to cram up the system with paper votes.
Just set it up like the American idol voting. Press #1 to let her out #2 she stays.
Edit
Society should have a say in this.

NYTimes sucks and makes you pay if you do too many of their articles a month. But if you got one free to go, this is worth a read i think.

Very good/interesting article on the bitch. She def was an ignorant, worthless scumbag piece of shit, fucking stupid as a rock to boot. Even still, this sheds some light on the crime and her level of involvement in it. I dont agree with her being paroled, anyone and everyone connected should die in a cage given the gravity of what occurred. But honestly, reading this take and her own story of what a dipshit she was, i dont necessarily think she is the cold hearted, outright terrorist shithead many still lead us to believe. She was back then, but now? I dont think her tasting freedom for merely being a getaway driver for a crime she didnt know would end in murder at this late stage in her life isnt the MOST eggretious miscarriage of justice.

Still think she deserves to die in a cage, dont get me wrong. BUt honestly its hard for me to get TOO outraged at this one getting paroled.

She has an extensive criminal record predating her involvement in the Brinks job.

Thought it was pretty much just petty shit relating to hippy protests.

Back