• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
17472676-7374353-Unfortunate_resemblance_This_Eagle_Fly_ride_at_a_German_amusemen-a-11_1566286...jpg

Some design flaws are disastrous, others simply leave you red-faced. The owner of an amusement ride in southern Germany had it shut down after realizing that from a distance it looked like a pair of swirling swastikas.
The gaffe happened to a ride called ‘Eagle Fly’ in the Tatzmania park in the town of Löffingen. At its core is a time-honored pendulum-style thrill ride, where you take a seat in one of the eagle-shaped gondolas, to get lifted into the air and spin in a vertical plane.
The caveat is that the eight gondolas are in two groups of four, and when seen from a distance they make two very distinct reverse swastikas, the same that the Nazis used as their symbol.

Full Story:

Ok I just cannot stop laughing at this.
Of all the things to get in a fit over.
Make it a Hogans Heroes theme park!
Germany is utterly psychotic about anything nazi related. Its not hard to imagine why, with nazis universally being the villains of the 20th century. The owner probably literally shit himself when he realized what he had.
'Course, no clue how he didnt notice it before. But rebuilding the ride is going to really holo-cost him

two very distinct reverse swastikas, the same that the Nazis used as their symbol
I don't know why they pussy footed around saying what it is. Nazi Hakenkreuz. Its not offensive to call it by its actual name.

You gotta remember that Nazi symbology is illegal in Germany (has been since the 50's IIRC).

From the story it sounds like either the engineers that designed it humped the bed when it came time for the design-review process or the owner 'just now noticed' and is playing it extra fucking cautious to avoid the social media and legal backlash.

Back