• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Video at link!

full

CLEARLY I have been under utilizing my car's lane assist, collision avoidance system, and cruise control.

The incident happened Tuesday afternoon in Polk County and was caught on camera by an off-duty Hillsborough County deputy. The video shows the man, identified as 70-year-old Leonard Olsen Jr., standing up and hanging out of the sunroof of his car with his arms spread out as he's driving.

The deputy provided FHP with a license plate number, which led troopers to Olsen. When a trooper pulled him over and asked about him sitting on his sunroof, Olsen said, "I don't know about that," according to an arrest report.

The arrest report states Olsen told the trooper he wanted to turn himself in because, "my wife treats me like a servant and she's the mistress and I'm tired of this s***...lock me up, I'd rather go to jail than go back home."

The deputy who witnessed the incident told troopers he saw Olsen bouncing back in forth in the center lane, then saw the man open the sunroof and get on top of the car. The deputy said he drove up next to the car and noticed no one else was in the car with Olsen. During his interview, the deputy told troopers Olsen sped up to over 100 mph at times then slowed to about 40 mph.

After he was arrested, troopers say Olsen admitted he sat on the sunroof but said the car was on cruise control. According to the arrest report, Olsen said, "the car drives itself and has a gigantic computer in it."

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-coun...g-out-sunroof-while-driving-on-i-4/1995230576

Last edited:
full

MAY 10--A 70-year-old Florida motorist was arrested Tuesday after an off-duty cop spotted the suspect driving while “sitting on the sunroof” of his Cadillac sedan, according to court records.

Leonard Olaf Olsen, the accused septuagenarian, was traveling on Interstate 4 around 1 PM on May 7 when the sheriff’s deputy spotted him recklessly driving his vehicle. The deputy, who recorded Olsen in action, estimated that the Cadillac reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.

After the deputy called 911, Florida Highway Patrol officers pulled Olsen over on a Lakeland roadway. He was alone in the vehicle.

After initially claiming not to recall being atop the sunroof, Olsen copped to the dangerous driving (which, he said, occurred while the car was on cruise control).

“The car drives itself and has a gigantic computer in it," Olsen explained. “I thought it would be a nice way to praise God for a minute, and I thought it would be nice at the time and that's what I did.”

Seen in the adjacent mug shot, Olsen was booked into the Polk County lockup on a misdemeanor reckless driving charge. Jail records show that he is also being held on four felonies related to an alleged domestic battery, but court records offer no details of those charges.

Olsen’s rap sheet includes weapons convictions in 2006 and 2017. In the latter case, he was arrested for firing a .40 caliber handgun into the air while standing in the driveway of his Lakeland residence.

Olsen’s wife told police that the July 2017 incident occurred after he “became upset and began to act out in an aggressive manner.” Olsen’s spouse said that before the shooting started, he stated that he “was going to make America Great Again and Donald Trump told him to do it.”

Fearing that Olsen would shoot her, the woman told police that she ran into the couple’s home for safety as Olsen declared, “I’ve got to let the world know this is their last chance.”

Post automatically merged:

Beaten to the punch by @everjaded sweet lawd if I can only die with such dignity!

Last edited:
Olsen’s spouse said that before the shooting started, he stated that he “was going to make America Great Again and Donald Trump told him to do it.”

Typical Trump supporter :p

Time to take Grandpa’s keys away

Olsen’s spouse said that before the shooting started, he stated that he “was going to make America Great Again and Donald Trump told him to do it.”

Typical Trump supporter :p

Time to take Grandpa’s keys away
Thats what this country needs! We have dealt with crazy maniacs who want to destroy America and now we have answered it with crazy maniacs who are hellbent on saving their country and wont be stopped. Trump 2020!

And the plot thickens!!!

Police were on their way to meet Olsen so he could turn himself in on domestic battery and strangulation charges when they found out he'd been arrested by the FHP for the I-4 stunt.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said 70-year-old Leonard Olsen was arrested not only for driving recklessly, but also for false imprisonment and domestic violence by strangulation.

RELATED: Florida man arrested for hanging out sunroof while driving on I-4

According to an arrest report, Olsen is accused of choking a 69-year-old woman on April 30 after she took too long to come to bed. The woman told deputies she had bruises on her throat and a hoarse voice.

Days later, after the woman came home from dinner, he allegedly ripped up the dress she had been wearing, accused her of having an affair and called her a vulgar name. Then he asked her for one of her bras and threatened to destroy every bra in her dresser. When she eventually gave him a bra, he tore it apart and demanded that she give him the pair of underwear she had been wearing. When she told him she was still wearing the underwear, he began "pulling on the underwear causing the victim's body to shake back and forth until the underwear came loose from the victim's body," an arrest report states.

Once he was through destroying all of her clothing, Olsen began blaring music so she couldn't fall asleep. This lasted several hours, according to the victim.

The next day, the victim awoke to Olsen slamming dresser drawers, turning the lights on and off, and blaring music. Deputies said he pushed her onto their bed, straddled her and put his hand on her throat, then placed his thumb on her mouth, which she bit. Olsen got off of her and blocked the doorway to prevent her from leaving the room. After a few minutes, he let her pass through the doorway and she called 911.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said detectives made contact with Olsen by phone on Tuesday and he agreed to turn himself in.

As deputies were on their way to meet him, they learned he had been pulled over by the Florida Highway Patrol for driving recklessly.

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-coun...ccused-of-felony-domestic-violence/1997065259

I don't understand your question, Fives My Charm. But I can remember 30+ years ago going down there for vacation/fishing and not seeing the mayhem (either in person or in newspapers or tv news) that's so prevalent there now.

Edited to add: My grandparents had two vacation homes in Florida and I went there multiple times per year all of my life growing up from the mid 70's on...

Last edited:
I don't understand your question, Fives My Charm. But I can remember 30+ years ago going down there for vacation/fishing and not seeing the mayhem (either in person or in newspapers or tv news) that's so prevalent there now.

@Hans Surstromming

Violent crime includes Murder, Rape^, Robbery, and Aggravated Assault. From 1997 to 2017, Florida experienced a decrease in the number of reported Violent offenses, down 41.8 percent from 146,929 reported offenses in 1997 to 85,558 in 2017. The overall Violent crime rate has had a significant decrease of 58.2 percent from 998.6 offenses per 100,000 population in 1997 to 417.7 in 2017. Florida's population increased 39.2 percent during the period.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Crime-Trends/Violent-Crime

Florida's crime rate hits 47-year low, but violent crime still high

STEVE PATRICK, CRYSTAL MOYER
MAY 22, 2018, 1:12 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...hits-47-year-low-but-violent-crime-still-high

Back