• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Thanks to the bystanders and fireman who stepped in and did something, the boy survived and Dad's in some shit.

An FDNY firefighter had to bust a child out of a hot car in Queens on Thursday — breaking its driver-side window with a hammer — after the kid was locked inside and left unattended by his father, officials said.

“I was just there at the right time,” firefighter Matthew Clinton told The Post. “I could tell that it was really hot in the vehicle.”

Clinton, who is assigned to the fire academy, was with two trainees near a Target in College Point when he stumbled upon the 5-year-old boy — who was in a car seat.

“Walking to the parking lot and we noticed the child unattended,” Clinton recalled, noting how the boy was crying and sweating profusely. “The kid was very distraught. Tried to settle him…and a small crowd started to form.”

Thinking quick on his feet, the smoke-eater asked bystanders for something to bust out the window.

“I had asked everybody if they had a tire iron,” Clinton said. “A gentleman came and handed me a hammer.”

After shattering the glass, Clinton and the others got the boy out and tried to keep him calm until NYPD officers arrived.

“Police showed up soon after I broke the window, and a little while after that the dad came into the parking lot,” Clinton said. “He did look very concerned.”

Authorities arrested the man — Geremie Ram, 42, of Rochelle — and charged him with reckless endangerment and acting in a manner dangerous to a child, according to police officials.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/fdny-firefighter-busts-window-with-hammer-saves-kid-left-in-hot-car/

Back