• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Holy shit was this disturbing. I expected all the horror that goes along with the basic premise, that alone is terrifying. But the hallucinations, specifically with the moonlight man, soooo fucking creepy.

And then her backstory. Holy shit that was hard as hell to watch.

Kinda still mulling over what i felt about the ending. On the one hand the revelation it offers def makes what came before sooooo much creepier, but it just felt like a kinda hokey and contrived way to provide the character a way to finally confront her demons.

Anybody else see it? On netflix.

And holy shit Carla Gugino refuses to age. So hot, and turns out she's a fucking phenonenal actress. What a performance here! Incredible.

I am a long time Stephen King fan but usually I hate the movies. This one is spot on.
Very creepy, true to the book and really well acted. I highly recommend it. @Alf and @Keepalowprofile

The book was absolutely dreadful... but the movie was awesome.1922 is another King adaptation on Netflix that I felt was much better on screen than it was as a story.

As for staying true to the book, from what I remember from reading it, the movie was a pretty faithful re-telling -- just a hell of a lot more entertaining.

When I read the book I can remember feeling sorry for Lucky. The people? one should always keep some sort of escape tool around if they are going down that path, the icing was the added serial. I now make t a point of looking at what the public thinks and not the "pro" critics, they can so some things better than others but can't be trusted with sci fi, fantasy or supernatural in general

Last edited:
Back