• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

penelopejo

Mother Nature
0204georgia.jpg

Georgia Jones

0204chastity.jpg

Chasity Butler

Nine-year-old Chasity Butler spent her last moments in her mother's bed next to a bag of candy and a partially eaten cupcake. She died of complications related to diabetes.
Courtesy Photo
Chasity Butler

To Dallas police, the sweets represent the final links in a chain of evidence showing the girl's mother failed to help her manage the disease. At times, they say, it was Chasity's younger sister who injected her with insulin.

After a long investigation, officers arrested 27-year-old Georgia Lee Jones on Monday, accusing her of neglecting her daughter and helping to cause her May 2 death.

The mother of five was booked into the Dallas County Jail to face a charge of injury to a child. She was released late Tuesday in lieu of $50,000 bail.

"Chasity's diabetes was not monitored properly causing her to be constantly sick and in bed rather than leading a normal life like other children her age," police documents say.

But Jones' husband and the father of her children defended her Tuesday. They were young parents, 30-year-old Marqus Butler said, struggling to do their best.

"It's not right – I feel like we went through enough," he said Tuesday afternoon. "She's in jail right now. She lost her daughter. CPS just came in and took my children away. It's like, when does it stop?"

Chasity's four younger sisters, ages 2 to 8, have been placed with Butler's mother, who with her husband was given permanent custody in December.

More at the link

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ies/020409dnmetdiabetesdeath.3f4ccde.html?npc

a bag of candy and a half eaten cup cake....sucks...and CPS was involved since 2001 due to the fact she wasn't monitoring her blood levels. How sad is that?

typical CPS/DCF failure on that one....you know the ones that involve them just piss me off even more than usual, as my tax dollars are being used for the people that work there to protect these kids any way they can, however they are too damn easy on the parents what with there "minimum standard" of care guidelines....pah

A woman whose neglect of her daughter ultimately contributed to the girl’s death from complications of diabetes was sentenced to 16 years in prison Monday.

Georgia Jones, 31, pleaded guilty and asked Judge Gary Stephens to sentence her.

Jones’ daughter, Chasity Butler, was 9 when she died on her mother’s bed next to a bag of candy and a half eaten cupcake. Chastity died in May 2008 and police arrested Jones in February 2009.
[...]

Child Protective Services inspected the home a few days before Chasity’s death. There were concerns about whether Jones was managing her daughter’s diabetes adequately and providing her children with enough food.

Chasity was described as “upbeatâ€￾ during the CPS interview.

Police say Jones was scheduled to take a Diabetes 101 class after Chastity was diagnosed but did not show up.

The day Chasity died, the family was celebrating one of her sisters’ birthdays.

Chasity had stomach pain, diarrhea and vomiting the day before her death, police have said. She did not eat that night or the next morning.

Even after Jones took Chasity’s glucose level and it was dangerously high, Jones fed her sweets and noodles, authorities have said. Jones did not take her to a doctor.

Jones faced a maximum of 20 years in prison.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...girls-death-from-diabetic-complications.html/

Back