• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A southern Utah man accused of killing his girlfriend's young child tried to cover up the crime by claiming there was an ATV accident, then convinced the boy's mother to go along with the story, prosecutors say.

Gavin Michael Haar, 25, was charged Wednesday with murder, a first-degree felony; child abuse, a second-degree felony; and child abuse, a third-degree felony.

His girlfriend, Brittany Juanita Hall, 25, was charged with child abuse and obstructing justice, second-degree felonies, and child abuse, a third-degree felony.

Haar lived with Hall, who was the biological mother of the 2-year-old boy, according to court records.

"Hall and Haar would live in the homes of different friends or family members," charging documents state.

On June 12, while Hall was at work and Haar was home watching the boy, she received a text message from Haar that there was an emergency. Just a little over an hour after Hall received the first message, the boy was pronounced dead at a Cedar City hospital, according to the charges.

His body "was covered with numerous bruises on his forehead, eyes, ears, mouth and several circular bruises on the chest and abdomen," the charges state. "The medical examiner concluded that (the boy) died of blunt force injuries to the abdomen. … The medical examiner determined the manner of death was homicide."

Haar told investigators that he was riding on a four-wheel ATV with the boy three days earlier and was going too fast and rolled, the charges state. He claimed the boy "was pinned under the four-wheeler where the gas tank was on his chest and the handle bars across his face."

Despite the crash, Haar claimed that the boy "was fine and (he) did not take him to the doctor," according to the charges.

Hall also told police that the couple had gone camping, that Haar rolled his ATV, and that her son "cried because he was scared but that he did not complain of any pain." But charging documents also note that "there were stark inconsistencies between Hall's version of events and Haar's version as to the time of day of the crash, and the details of the camping trip."

Upon further investigation, police learned that the mother was actually working on the night of the alleged camping trip "and could not have been on the mountain camping when she reportedly witnessed the four-wheeler accident," the charges state.

When confronted by police about the apparent lie and why she told her story, Hall said "because that is what he tells me and that's all I have to go off of," investigators wrote in the court documents.

When asked whose idea it was to tell the camping story, the mother replied: "It's him if he is telling me. I'm not the one coming up with it; he is telling me what is going on," the charges state.

Haar later claimed he also took the boy to a playground the day after the ATV crash and that he "fell off of some playground equipment and hit his face and hurt his mouth," according to the charges.

Police also said they discovered more text messages on Haar's phone that were allegedly sent about 6 ½ hours before the boy was taken to the hospital. In the message, he appears to be upset with something Hall did.

"I'm (expletive) livid. And your son is about to get (a) … beating," one text states, according to court records.

About 45 minutes after Hall left for work, Haar texted her to say that the boy was not breathing, the charges state.
https://www.ksl.com/article/46404083/man-charged-with-murdering-2-year-old-in-cedar-city

Upon further investigation, police learned that the mother was actually working on the night of the alleged camping trip "and could not have been on the mountain camping when she reportedly witnessed the four-wheeler accident," the charges state.

Whoops!!! You'd think they'd come up with a lie that works, but then again, looking at his picture I don't think 'intelligence' is a factor here.

drag and drop, just try to keep it down under 2Mb otherwise you'll run into a size limit (I think it's somewhere in that size range)

And if that doesn’t work, upload it to this photo uploadeder, copy hotlink for forums, and paste it in the comment box.

Last edited:
This isn't the right Gavin. I would know.
Ewww, he's not much better.
1569026404405.png

Thanks of the correction, @ZombieBatman ! Btw, how do you know this turdbasket?

As for the momster:

Brittany Hall was sentence in May 2019 to prison for 2 to 30 years. The murdered boy's father and family wants Brittany to be in prison for a long, though Brittany's attorney claimed she was also the victim, but the evidence of her running away with him and later refusing to help LE when they were captured did not convince the judge.

A 5th District judge visibly upset during court Monday handed down the maximum sentence to a woman found guilty of child abuse and obstruction of justice, calling her conduct in the death of her 2-year-old son “egregious.”

Judge Matthew Bell sentenced 26-year-old Brittany Juanita Hall to the Utah State Prison to 1-15 years for each charge, both second-degree felonies. Under Bell’s sentence, Hall will spend a minimum of two years and a maximum of 30 for the role she played in the death of her 2-year-old son, Christopher Leader Jr.

Hall fled the area with her boyfriend Gavin Michael Haar, 26, to Washington state last year after police executed six search warrants in the investigation of her son’s death June 12. The couple were later arrested in Snohomish County and extradited back to Utah.

Haar is awaiting trial for murder and two counts of second-degree felony child abuse.

Christopher’s family, who packed the courtroom in support of the child, begged for justice arguing that Hall’s failure to protect Christopher made her partly responsible for his death.

“No parent should ever have to bury their child,” Christopher’s father, Christopher Leader Sr. said sobbing. “I live with this everyday. We all, our whole family in this courtroom, need justice. She deserves everything she gets and so does he (Haar). The only way I get to see that boy anymore is a picture next to my bed with his urn. I don’t get to say good morning, good night, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday. … We need justice sir. That’s all I ask is for justice.”

Brittany is currently in sitting on her fat ass (she is 5'1" & 185#) at Timpanogos Women's Facility.

• Offender Number: 243022
  • Offender Name: BRITTANY JUANITA HALL
  • DOB: Wed, 17 Mar 1993
  • Height: 5 Feet 1 Inches
  • Weight: 185
  • Sex: F
  • Housing Facility: TIMPANOGOS
  • Parole Date: N/A
  • Aliases:
    • BRITTANY JUANITA HALL

Btw, I found only one photo of a "Brittany Juanita Hall", same age, but its a mugshot from Idaho (see below)
Can anyone confirm this is her or not?
Confirmed by @ZombieBatman that this is our Brittany Juanita Hall.

Last edited:
Ewww, he's not much better.

Thanks of the correction, @ZombieBatman ! Btw, how do you know this turdbasket?

As for the momster:

Brittany Hall was sentence in May 2019 to prison for 2 to 30 years. The murdered boy's father and family wants Brittany to be in prison for a long, though Brittany's attorney claimed she was also the victim, but the evidence of her running away with him and later refusing to help LE when they were captured did not convince the judge.

Brittany is currently in sitting on her fat ass (she is 5'1" & 185#) at Timpanogos Women's Facility.

Btw, I found only one photo of a "Brittany Juanita Hall", same age, but its a mugshot from Idaho (see below)

Can anyone confirm this is her or not?
It is
Post automatically merged:

I know who they are because its my family suffering.

Last edited:
Police also said they discovered more text messages on Haar's phone that were allegedly sent about 6 ½ hours before the boy was taken to the hospital. In the message, he appears to be upset with something Hall did.
"I'm (expletive) livid. And your son is about to get (a) … beating," one text states, according to court records.

Monsters, both of them.

Monsters, both of them.
Gavin was texting Brittany that while she was at my home. She never told me. She lied about everything. She defended him. She was even getting rid of Little Chris' stuff before she even left the hospital when he passed away. They both lied about everything. I was the one who had to tell the cops about the inconsistency in their stories about what days leading up to his death. Its sad but I was lost you know? I saw him laying on the bed dead and it killed me. I was screaming begging for Chris to wake up. Sobbing. But Brittany and Gavin show no signs of hurt or pain. It was unbelievable.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks like such a sweet little guy.
He really was. He was my cuddle buddy. He was more mine than he was Brittanys.

Last edited:
From the link above
Judge Matthew Bell was visibly upset during court Monday handed down the maximum sentence to a woman found guilty of child abuse and obstruction of justice, calling her conduct in the death of her 2-year-old son “egregious.”

Bell sentenced 26-year-old Brittany Juanita Hall to the Utah State Prison to 1-15 years for each charge, both second-degree felonies. Under Bell’s sentence, Hall will spend a minimum of two years and a maximum of 30 for the role she played in the death of her 2-year-old son, Christopher Leader Jr.

It is doubtful she will be paroled and she will remain where she belongs in prison.

She gets out on Parole May of next year. It didn't matter what my family or i said that day. This is not justice. Little Chris deserved better!

It is doubtful she will be paroled and she will remain where she belongs in prison.

It warmed my heart that none of her family members made excuses for this piece of shit that did not protect Christopher.
We never would. I meant what I said that day "she deserves to stay in jail for the full 30 years". Unfortunately they didn't listen.

Last edited:
Back