• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A severely decomposed body was found Thursday morning in a Pinnelas County lake, surrounded by alligators.

The St. Petersburg Police Department told WFTS-TV the body "with alligator involvement" found in the mangroves at the southeast corner of Lake Maggiore was so badly decomposed they couldn’t determine race or gender.

The Tampa Bay Times reported that Otis Crawford and Patricia Kays spotted the body around 8 a.m. Thursday. Crawford says they were eating breakfast in their car when they saw alligators dragging the remains in the water.

“I seen the gator chomping on it," Crawford said. “So I walked out onto the dock out there, took a video and kind’ve determined it’s something. I’m glad I noticed before the gator got the body into the bushes and then nobody would have ever known.”

St. Petersburg police PIO Yolanda Fernandez told WFTS several gators scattered when they retrieved the body from the lake. She added that while the gators scattered it doesn't mean that's how the person died since gators are known to be scavengers.

Fire Rescue crews removed the body and a medical examiner will determine the person's death.

I remember years ago when I first heard about Gators being in the man-made Lakes at Disney. It was right then and there that I decided Florida was a state that I can do well without visiting. I just know there is a Peter Pan size gigantic Gator crocodile whatever waiting at the state line to spring out and swallow the entire vehicle I am in if I would have crossed down into Florida.

Body has been identified. Doesn't sound like any great loss.

Authorities say the body of a 16-year-old has been identified near alligators in mangroves near a lake in St. Petersburg Thursday morning.
St.Petersburg Police say Jarvis Deliford,16, remains have been identified.
Deliford was arrested earlier in the month on burglary charges and released from a juvenile detention facility on June 29.
“He was on an ankle monitor, he had released from juvenile detention earlier that day and was on an ankle monitor and he cut that off,” Furse said.
At this time it is not known why he cut off the monitor and why Deliford was at the lake.
“It would have to be a medical examiner determination to see if the gators came before or after,” police spokeswoman Yolanda Fernandez said earlier this week. “At this time we can’t say it’s an alligator attack, but they were around the body and that made it more difficult getting to it.”

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-...m-found-near-alligators-next-to-st-pete-lake/

I remember years ago when I first heard about Gators being in the man-made Lakes at Disney. It was right then and there that I decided Florida was a state that I can do well without visiting. I just know there is a Peter Pan size gigantic Gator crocodile whatever waiting at the state line to spring out and swallow the entire vehicle I am in if I would have crossed down into Florida.
Gators are good, Sejanus, especially with a little lemon pepper.

--Al

Back