• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
First, Chicago. Next, Connecticut. And now Long Island? What's with the sudden influx of alligators in places they don't live?

I can see Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and probably North Carolina being home to more than a few gators, but Illinois? Connecticut? New York? Gators better pack their long johns before they move that far north.

A Long Island family made a jaw-dropping discovery Saturday when they found a baby alligator trying to beat the heat in their backyard pool.

Bayport resident Joe Baron says he went out to check the pool filter around 7:30 p.m. when he stumbled on the lizard as it was lounging in the water.

“I see a stick, and I look at the stick, and I’m like, ‘It’s attached to legs — and a head!’ I’m like, ‘Oh my god, that’s an alligator!’ ” Baron told The Post on Sunday. “At this point, I’m just stunned. A frog you get once in a blue moon, but an alligator, not in a million years.

Link

--Al

First, Chicago. Next, Connecticut. And now Long Island? What's with the sudden influx of alligators in places they don't live?

I can see Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and probably North Carolina being home to more than a few gators, but Illinois? Connecticut? New York? Gators better pack their long johns before they move that far north.

Link

--Al
Alligators are not lizards

Back